Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: 2.0 update but no edge now, any ideas?

  1. #1
    Default 2.0 update but no edge now, any ideas?
    I have reset network settings.
    I have also entered wap.voicestream.com into the cellular data network apn.
    On installer it says "error:undetermined error" at top and all packages screen is blank and home screen is "internal server 500 error".

    I'm so close any help would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    I have the same problem, there is nowhere to input the edge settings like in 1.1.4?

    someone please help.

  3. #3
    Default if you're cydia has applications you can use
    first install Openssh in cydia

    google for "T-Mobile T-Zones EDGE Settings Fix for 1.1.4" and follow those instructions

  4. #4
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by diggler93 View Post
    I have the same problem, there is nowhere to input the edge settings like in 1.1.4?

    someone please help.
    of course there is.

    Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network.

    Enter APN, Username and Password in there.

    Job done.

    I noticed mine crapped out after realising my push wasn't working with phone in standby so I rebooted and it's been perfect ever since.

  5. #5
    Nope, EDGE settings are not appearing in the network settings for me. Just pwned the device this morning and now on Rogers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.jpg  

  6. #6
    Livin the iPhone Life nickh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,215
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 148 Times in 118 Posts

    Agreed me either, pwaned, No Celluar Data Network option.

  7. #7
    Default Edge working
    My edge is working. I shut down the phone and restarted it and now I have my edge data working, however there is no place to input settings.

  8. #8
    Default Got Edge working
    I had to go to a public wifi place (use cable at home due to the cheapness of it for teachers) let everything update and download (there were quite a few fixes from 2:30 this morning) and then install both OpenSSH as well as the t-zone hacks under Tweaks.

    It is now working like a charm with the wap.voicestream.com in the APN address under settings->general->network->cellular data network.

    Thanks to all for suggestions!

    Nevermind, it's not holding the apn address now.

    I am just too rookie to figure it out today.

    Good luck and let us know what you find.
    Last edited by kurle; 2008-07-20 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  9. #9
    i'm getting the same issue! the E is there but i can't input my edge settings

  10. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kurle View Post
    I had to go to a public wifi place (use cable at home due to the cheapness of it for teachers) let everything update and download (there were quite a few fixes from 2:30 this morning) and then install both OpenSSH as well as the t-zone hacks under Tweaks.

    It is now working like a charm with the wap.voicestream.com in the APN address under settings->general->network->cellular data network.

    Thanks to all for suggestions!

    Nevermind, it's not holding the apn address now.

    I am just too rookie to figure it out today.

    Good luck and let us know what you find.
    that's very weird mate. mine was a pwned 1.1.4 iphone 2g.

    i used pwnage2.0 and told it that my phone was already pwned.

    did you use a different method? ie. did you tell it that yours wasn't pwned? wonder if that would affect anything...?

  11. #11
    Yea, I said it wasn't pwned. Because several blogs had mentioned to do that. I might try all over and say it has been pwned and see if that fixes it.

    Thanks!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCode View Post
    Nope, EDGE settings are not appearing in the network settings for me. Just pwned the device this morning and now on Rogers.

    same thing for me. No edge menu...

    got my edge menu back by doing the following posted at hackint0sh
    Go into "/System/Library/Carrier Bundles"
    If you're on AT&T (but not on the iPhone plan), delete the file called 310410.
    If you're on Rogers, delete the file called 302720.
    Turn phone off and then on. Cellular Data Menu should now appear in the menu

    That should do it and show you the "Edge" settings in the preferences.

    Edit:
    What the above does is effectively tell your phone that it doesn't recognize the network, so it lets you do everything manually.
    Last edited by The Punisher; 2008-07-21 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to The Punisher For This Useful Post:

    thasan (2008-07-22)

  14. #13
    Default Plist
    I am a fido user and seems the files setup for Fido is not providing the correct apn/username/password. What I had to do was go in and modify the file /private/var/preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist manually.

    Anyone have any idea on how the files in folder /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/Fido_ca.bundle? This is linked to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/302370 which is the country code/carrier combo.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •