Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwning 2.0 On Windows [Guide/Troubleshooting]

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
    Any progress on this firmware?
    i gettin it from a friend....it'll be up here by tonight

2. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-07-31)

Quote Originally Posted by hamproof View Post
    You don't have to restore it back down.

Look at the thread on ziphone subforum for more detail.

Essentially, you can just put your ziphone into DFU or Recovery mode, shift-click and install the custom 2.0 firmware. It makes a difference where you got your custom firmware. 2 that I downloaded would not work.

Hamproof/anyone - one more question, does this mean i end up with a 2.0 firmware phone that is network unlocked? i.e it will work off the bat with any carrier?

I'm on vodafone in the uk..

Sorry for the newbie questions....!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

I like the guide but I'd rather wait until WinPwn 2.0 or iLiberty+ gets updated to automate the process.

Ok, so I couldn't wait, although I didn't Pwn my phone. I was running 1.1.4 and just did a restore through iTunes using the hacked firmware. Then bootneuter automatically opened and did its thing, I'm now running 2.0 Self Pwn'd using XP.
    Last edited by Jay316; 2008-07-22 at 08:49 PM.
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Monkee View Post
    Hamproof/anyone - one more question, does this mean i end up with a 2.0 firmware phone that is network unlocked? i.e it will work off the bat with any carrier?
    It should. We started with an unlocked/jailbreak/activated phone with ziphone at 1.1.4 and using the steps outlined, I didn't have to do anything extra to unlock/jb/activate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper366 View Post
    damn that sucks. Can I restore with the same custom ispw now that I've already ran it? I had the one from CosmoLV. basically I'm wondering if I can just shift+Restore with the iPWN custom firmware now that I already did that and I'm unlocked and jailbroken.
    Baloney .. you don't have to set it up as a new phone. You can restore from backup and then do the following (in your case, you don't have to restore just to get the mail.app to work):

1. ssh to iPhone
    2. chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile

Your mail app will work again. I've restored twice (once when I was on 1.1.4 and now with 2.0), both times I did the above to fix the Mail.app from opening and closing.

But depending on your ipsw, you might have only Cydia. You then need to download the openSSH package in order to use ssh.
    Last edited by hamproof; 2008-07-22 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hamproof For This Useful Post:

Sniper366 (2008-07-22)

It should. We started with an unlocked/jailbreak/activated phone with ziphone at 1.1.4 and using the steps outlined, I didn't have to do anything extra to unlock/jb/activate.

Baloney .. you don't have to set it up as a new phone. You can restore from backup and then do the following (in your case, you don't have to restore just to get the mail.app to work):

1. ssh to iPhone
    2. chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile

Your mail app will work again. I've restored twice (once when I was on 1.1.4 and now with 2.0), both times I did the above to fix the Mail.app from opening and closing.

But depending on your ipsw, you might have only Cydia. You then need to download the openSSH package in order to use ssh.
    Thanks, I'm going to try this. I do only have Cydia unfortunately. does anyone know if it is it too late to get installer now?

And just out of curiosity, anyone have an answer to my original question? I'm wanting to know if I can restore with the same ipsw or a different unlocked one after doing it once.

I believe Installer.app does not work on 2.0 yet. So only Cydia only.

Not sure why you want to restore again, but you can be the guinea pig and report back to us

But if all you want is to get Mail.app to work, you don't need to.

I believe Installer.app does not work on 2.0 yet. So only Cydia only.

Not sure why you want to restore again, but you can be the guinea pig and report back to us

But if all you want is to get Mail.app to work, you don't need to.
    I'm going to use ssh to fix mail, I was really just curious at this point now that I don't need to. I thought installer was up for 2.0, so I would have tried this to get Installer.

Based on this ... I would say the current Installer doesn't play nice with 2.0 yet.

RiP Dev Blog Blog Archive Installer 4: Short Facts #1

Hi!

Iam from Germany and where ist the Shift Key?

How can i put the file into Itunes?

Dang 3 hours later some error codes along the way but I eventually got there!

Ended up doing as per the guide, down to itunes 7.5, install 1.1.4, pwn it, then up to 7.7 and install a custom firmware 2.0

Just restored my back up so I now have all my calendar and contacts back too, Its late now so I'm going to sync the music and videos back tomorrow ! And maybe download some stuff from the apps store !

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP HERE. INVALUABLE.

Default sluggish performance
    So, after pwning my 114 from it's ziphone 114jailboroken state, and installing the custom 2.0 firmware... and the phone works, I find that the performance has really slowed down on the phone. Like when opening contacts, the phone just crawls. I thought it had frozen. All the apps seem to be slower than before.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm hoping a proper winpwn 2.0 would fix this.

Thanks

diggie, kilgore, anyone esle who likes the title below...click it

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...ml#post1584311

15. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-07-31)

i have pwn'd my phone to 2.0 on a mac and i am getting no service which i know how to fix if i had access to a mac again but i used my friends laptop and he went out of town(didn't relize it had no service because i was just messing with cydia and appstore last night after we pwn'd it). so my question is: do i need to go back down to 1.1.4 and pwn it there again or can i just put into dfu mode and use this firmware?

can you please tell us what itunes should we use? 7.7 or 7.5??

Thanks

pretty sure you have to use 7.5

19. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-07-31)

Quote Originally Posted by spaxx View Post
    can you please tell us what itunes should we use? 7.7 or 7.5??
    this is a direct quote from instructions "just make sure you have itunes 7.7"

Try reading next time!!!

I can't shift + restore on itunes 7.7

Quote Originally Posted by spaxx View Post
    I can't shift + restore on itunes 7.7
    then there is something wrong with your keyboard, because i just did on 7.7

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ahhh

This is frustrating me - please help.

I had a 1.1.4 unlocked via Ziphone 3.0. I did a full restore back to 1.1.4 and was back in the ACTIVATE screen.

I ran WinPWN - it finished - but was still in the activate me screen, is that suppose to happen?

So then I went back to iTunes and DFU mode to restore to custom 2.0, then got the 1600 error. Been trying to figure out for hours, please help!

Hi all,
    I was running 1.1.4 FW unlocked with Ziphone 3.0. I tried following the upgrade method using windows (vista) and ended up with a locked and unjailbroken iphone with fw 2.0. Not really sure how i got here.

Anyway, I desperately need to unlock and jailbreak the 2.0 firmware i'm on now or downgrade to 1.1.4 but i don't have access to a MAC. can anyone suggest how to get out of my current situation using windows??

Thanks.
    ps. 48hours and i'm already in withdrawal!
    Last edited by shamster69; 2008-07-23 at 03:41 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast