Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwning 2.0 On Windows [Guide/Troubleshooting]

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGreek View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I hope i pwned the phone correctly as i was following exactly the steps that are described in the first link. The only different was that i never get a button"OK" at the end only a window saying that "Yourphone is set to recovery mode and that a button CANCEL.Inside the pwn window the last line was iphone disconnected (after several lines). I tried alreday to restore to 1.1.4 with shift+click but although itunes recognize the phone after a few seconds replies that "this phone cannot be restored due to a special problem(20)" and that's all. Thanks.

The phone was bought two months ago (16gb) Does it mean it is 2G or 1G?
    THANK YOU
    Ok first of all your phone is a first gen 2g iphone. Idk where you got 1g from. But theres only 2 iphones 2g and 3g. 3g is the one with the back as plastic.

And as for your problem it sounds like you must have messed up somehow pwning your phone. Im not to sure. Luckily its been confirmed that if you get into DFU mode [correctly] you can restore to the custom firmware without pwning.

edit: if your stuck in recovery mode ziphone can actually put your phone into dfu mode for you

So my suggestion to you would be to try to get the phone into DFU mode not recovery, since you had trouble getting into it the first time try this video YouTube - How to put your iPhone in DFU mode And im pretty sure in dfu mode your screen should stay black. Then shift click restore to the custom firmware
    Last edited by Panth383; 2008-07-22 at 02:49 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Panth383 For This Useful Post:

JimmyGreek (2008-07-22)

so, I've tried all night with no luck, just keep getting stuck in restore and needing iBrickr. I'm on a 1.1.3 iclarified method, and I'm trying to do step one (winPwn 1.1.4) but keep getting "Your iPhone has entered recovery after pwning". do I need to start with an unlocked, non-jailbroken 1.1.4? I'm on the 3.9 baseband.

I've also tried going into DFU and just booting the iPwned FW, but got 1602, then added the folder mentioned, and got 1601. Luckily, everytime both of these methods have failed, iBrickr has recovered the phone with success.

Any help would be much appreciated.

yes to pwn your phone using winpwn. you need to start with a fresh restore to normal 1.1.4

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Panth383 For This Useful Post:

JimmyGreek (2008-07-22)

Hi, first post so go easy on me !

First to say a massive thanks to all the guys on here putting so much work and effort into helping us 'normal' users!

I've read through so much over the last few hours and am wondering now whether to use this method to go to 2.0, or wait for Winpwn 2.0?

I have the following

Windows PC running Itunes 7.7
    Iphone 1.1.4 Unlocked & Jailbroken with Ziphone 3.0

I've read through the steps and downloaded so far a 1.1.4 firmware file, and a previous version of WinPwn. I'm still looking for the 2.0 custom firmware as I can't access torrents...

Is that all I need to upgrade using the method in this thread? Can I use Itunes 7.7 to put my Iphone back into 1.1.4 before I pwn it ? or do I need 7.5?

Or should I wait for Winpwn 2.0 as by now you've guessed I'm pretty clueless !!!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

also would like to use the oppurtunity to thank everyone involved on this one. did everything step by step and it worked great ..

just missing the Contacts Icon on Home Screen .. :-( why was it removed again??

Finally i managed to go back to a working stage with 1.1.4. (involving liberty, pwn, and patched ziphone from kIREmk). It looks like that the restore does not accept the custom firmware so this is why i cannot upgrade to 2.0. Any other idea? thanks

have a look to this link http://sleepers.net/news/guides/20-t...ngrade/(posted from djdownhill in this forum). I fooowed it exactly and worked fine.

Do you know if Bootneuter has anything to do with upgrade to 2.0 from 1.1.4. ? I tried to download it from installer but through a lousy wifi connection i ended up with iphone not able to make calls and had to do all the restore from the beginning again!
    Thank you:
    Last edited by JimmyGreek; 2008-07-22 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

no need to do all this downgrading and pwn to reupgrade..... just click this to have your heart stop

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...0-release.html

10. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-07-31)

Quote Originally Posted by whateverman24791 View Post
    no need to do all this downgrading and pwn to reupgrade..... just click this to have your heart stop

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...0-release.html

Are you saying that I'll be able to pwn my Iphone using Winpwn 2.0 without any of these steps ( It's 1.1.4 jailbroken and unlocked with Ziphone )???

Thanks

yes i am, just a simple program where u make ur custom ipsw (if you want) or just jailbreak it by pressing a button

Quote Originally Posted by Monkee View Post
    Are you saying that I'll be able to pwn my Iphone using Winpwn 2.0 without any of these steps ( It's 1.1.4 jailbroken and unlocked with Ziphone )???

13. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-07-31)

yes i am, just a simple program where u make ur custom ipsw (if you want) or just jailbreak it by pressing a button
    maybe I'll just wait a few days then......thanks

Thanks

i'd suggest doing that. i just got a custom ipsw but i might not even use it now cause i can just make my own and a few days is fine with me

16. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-07-31)

Thank you - explanations and instructions perfect and my 1G 1.1.4 now all working on 2.0 firmware. I'm a newbie so this is exciting. Well done all concerned!!

i'd suggest doing that. i just got a custom ipsw but i might not even use it now cause i can just make my own and a few days is fine with me

Are you sure I can't just bootneuter my ( Ziphone unlocked ) 1.1.4 Iphone, then use Itunes 7.7 to install the 2.0 custom firmware?

Do I really have to restore it back down to 1.1.4, and then use winpwn first?

You don't have to restore it back down.

Look at the thread on ziphone subforum for more detail.

Essentially, you can just put your ziphone into DFU or Recovery mode, shift-click and install the custom 2.0 firmware. It makes a difference where you got your custom firmware. 2 that I downloaded would not work.

thanks hamproof, reading those threads now and will give it a shot tonight. I have just downloaded 3 different 2.0 firmwares ( good speed at work ! ) so fingers crossed...

thanks again.

Dang. I spent so many hours yesterday trying to get 2.0 to work with windows, and at 2am I finally did. I should have just waited for WINPWN 2.0 cause now I don't have installer and mail app crashes.

Any ideas on this? I started at 1.1.3, upgraded to 1.1.4, pwned, installed custom 1.1.4 ipsw, then installed 2.0 custom ipsw. Everything works great (even tzones hack) except the mail app. when I sync with itunes, it gets to the mail sync and the iphone stops the syncing. when I try to open mail on the phone, it comes up blank for a second and then closes.

Instead of restoring and backing up from a back up you need to restore and set up as a new phone.

damn that sucks. Can I restore with the same custom ispw now that I've already ran it? I had the one from CosmoLV. basically I'm wondering if I can just shift+Restore with the iPWN custom firmware now that I already did that and I'm unlocked and jailbroken.

thanks man this worked great for me, i tried following another guide and i didnt get it to work, but then i tried this and worked great for me. Im running tmobile with the t-zones 5.99 hack and it still works for me thank goodness.

AIM: eQuiS Ch3x

yeah sure no problem, i will post the link to people who have:
    -2G iPhone
    -legit ATT user
    -non-pwned
    -only want jailbreak
    -have stock 2.0 currently installed

it will be up tomorrow

****oh and credits go to commandersafi (you're a hero)
    Any progress on this firmware?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast