Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwning 2.0 On Windows [Guide/Troubleshooting]

did my gf's phone. 1.0.2 (haha) to 2.0 without any problems.
    used cosmoLV's firmware with iTunes 7.7
    all it took was a shift-click on restore in itunes. no dfu. no pwning to 1.1.4. nothing fancy. just shift-click.

I upgraded following the guide. I was already jailbroken but went ahead and pwn'd anyways then just shift clicked to restore and my phones working fine.

The problem is that I now only have 2.96 gigs of space. My phones only a 4 gig but come on, it only recognizes 2.96!? Has anyone else had this problem?
    Last edited by Goallie11; 2008-07-21 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cosmo added 850MB to root the partition so it could be used by programs, and the App Store. This takes 850MB away from music/video/pic storage space.

yeah my 8 gig is comming up a little short to I think tc crazy is right

So then how do I use the 850?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I keep getting a 1601 error, can anybody help me with that?

Quote Originally Posted by wildcatxiii View Post
    I keep getting a 1601 error, can anybody help me with that?
    Don't put your phone in DFU mode, just plug it in and shift click restore. Then click the firmware you downloaded.

Thanks so much whateverman24791! I can't wait

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaoticsp View Post
    Thanks so much whateverman24791! I can't wait
    no problem, he just said he's gonna make it tonight so you'll have it by tomorrow

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

kaoticsp (2008-07-21), mcdj (2008-07-31)

Quote Originally Posted by Goallie11 View Post
    So then how do I use the 850?
    Whenever you download apps from Installer/Cydia/App Store, they will go into that 850MB. Other than that, you could maybe create folders and symlinks to use that space for music/videos/pics but that would be potentially risky and IMO not worth it.

I tried to download apps from the app store but it said there wasnt enough space. I figured out that if you download the app from itunes and then sync it, it works correctly.

I still would rather have had my full amount of space to use.

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Whateverman24791, I don't mean to chime in but can you post a link to that FW when u get it? I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I need one too! Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by diggie2002 View Post
    Whateverman24791, I don't mean to chime in but can you post a link to that FW when u get it? I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I need one too! Thanks!!
    One more looking for that firmware. Thanks!

Hi. I just followed the steps as described but i ended up with an iphone asking to be connected to itunes (logo with cable and itunes sign). Before that i had an iphone activated / jailbraked with ziphone at version 1.1.4. . I am trying to do it with Windows XP but nithing works. tried als to remove Itunes 7.7. and go to 7.5 but then i get the message (after trying to restore version 1.1.4) that it is not supported by this version of itunes. Any idea how to move on?. Thanks anyway

Hi. I just followed the steps as described but i ended up with an iphone asking to be connected to itunes (logo with cable and itunes sign). Before that i had an iphone activated / jailbraked with ziphone at version 1.1.4. . I am trying to do it with Windows XP but nithing works. tried als to remove Itunes 7.7. and go to 7.5 but then i get the message (after trying to restore version 1.1.4) that it is not supported by this version of itunes. Any idea how to move on?. Thanks anyway
    Last edited by JimmyGreek; 2008-07-22 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyGreek View Post
    ok hopefully you pwned your phone, but it sounds to me like you put your phone in recovery mode, not DFU. Recovery mode will still work if youve pwned your phone. So if you haven't tried restoring yet make sure you have itunes 7.7 cause its required. Then if your phone is pwned on 1.1.4 just shift click restore to the custom firmware in itunes.

If this doesn't help give me some more info, like does itunes see your phone, did you pwn your phone, etc...

Thanks for your reply. I hope i pwned the phone correctly as i was following exactly the steps that are described in the first link. The only different was that i never get a button"OK" at the end only a window saying that "Yourphone is set to recovery mode and that a button CANCEL.Inside the pwn window the last line was iphone disconnected (after several lines). I tried alreday to restore to 1.1.4 with shift+click but although itunes recognize the phone after a few seconds replies that "this phone cannot be restored due to a special problem(20)" and that's all. Thanks.

The phone was bought two months ago (16gb) Does it mean it is 2G or 1G?
    THANK YOU
    Last edited by JimmyGreek; 2008-07-22 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoLV View Post
    For Those Who have problems with restoring

iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL_4.6.ipsw

Universal Package, Dont require to be first PWNED - Just restore in itunes, but put iPhone in DFU Mode:
    I used this one and it worked perfect!!! Thanks cosmoLV!

This is what I had to do:

1. My 2G phone was running the official 2.0 sw

2. Uninstalled 7.7 and installed 7.5 and rebooted my PC

3. Downgraded back to 1.1.4 using this guide:

2.0 to 1.1.4 Downgrade - iPhone News & Review

I had to flash 1.1.4 twice as I could kick my phone out of restore mode the first time I tried to downgrade. (I used iBrickr to kick the phone out of restore mode) iTunes activated the phone for me..LOL!

4. Upgraded back to 7.7 and Rebooted my PC.

5. I put the phone in DFU mode, Shift/Restored to iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL_4.6.ipsw, left the phone alone until it was completely finished, and it was all good!

6. Restored by backup.

7. Done.

Everything works perfect:

Phone,
    iTunes,
    iTunes store,
    iTunes App store,
    Google Maps,
    Weather,
    Email,
    No Edge problems,
    Cydia
    SSH
    NES,
    and so on.
    Last edited by djdownhill; 2008-07-22 at 01:28 AM.
    My Geek Toy! <--It gets 10 MPG.....

19. The Following User Says Thank You to djdownhill For This Useful Post:

JimmyGreek (2008-07-22)

Please help! I'm trying to do the first step of hitting the "iPwner" button and selecting the 1.1.4 FW, it looks like it's about to work and then says "7/21/2008 5:34:11 PM - Your iPhone has entered recovery after pwning!" and says or does nothing after this. any ideas?

I have a problem. When i got my iphone it was unlock, jailbroken, and activated with iliberty+. But one day my phone froze and i thought i had to restore it. So not knowing anything about the 2.0 i restored and it sait something about updating and restore or cancel. so i went with the only restore option and restore. When it was done my phone didnt work at all because i guess it updated to 2.0. So now im without a phone. Does anyone know how i can fix this and get it working with my tmobile service?

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by diggie2002 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore View Post
    One more looking for that firmware. Thanks!

yeah sure no problem, i will post the link to people who have:
    -2G iPhone
    -legit ATT user
    -non-pwned
    -only want jailbreak
    -have stock 2.0 currently installed

it will be up tomorrow

****oh and credits go to commandersafi (you're a hero)
    Last edited by whateverman24791; 2008-07-22 at 02:21 AM.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

Kilgore (2008-07-22), mcdj (2008-07-31)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast