Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwning 2.0 On Windows [Guide/Troubleshooting]

I have jailbreak/unlock/activate my Iphone with iPlus running 1.1.4. Do I still need to use Winpwn? What steps should I follow? Thanks.

Allright, you may want to add this to your guide...to fix the 'stuck in DFU' issue, and the fact people may think its bricked...its not. All you have to do is uninstall itunes, and remove the application data folder for your local profile, like mine is :

CDocuments and Settings\1337sk33t\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes

replace 1337sk33t with your desktop log in....this was for windows XP PRO.

I still dont know how to get this damn thing working with 2.0 without it crapping out like this on me......grr

3. The Following User Says Thank You to igrieveforfood For This Useful Post:

bmx1234 (2008-07-22)

i also noticed that my capicity shows 6.57GB instead of the usual 7.56 is this cuz of the extra 800mb that he added to the fw?

I am putting back 1.1.4 so I can at least use my phone...but I noticed this :

I have bootloader 3.9_M3S2

and

baseband (unknwown) - .04.05.04_g

EDIT!:

sweeeeeeet, I was feeling lucky...after monkeying with this for 2 hours, I figured it out....It is as simple as leaving your phone on 'normaly' (not even in DFU), and going to the summary page, and shift clicking on the restore option and pointing to the latest build of 2.0...at the time, mine was : iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL3.9_4.6__Fix ed.ipsw.

sweeeeeeeeeeet. It rebooted and everything went fine, no errors or issues... I didn't think it was THAT simple.

BTW : I am coming from 1.1.4...fresh install. I will be doing my GFs tomorrow, and it should be as smooth as butter.

I also see 6.74gb free after the fresh install....change from 7.4x on my 1.1.4 build.
    Last edited by igrieveforfood; 2008-07-21 at 08:28 AM.

I GOT THE EDGE TO WORK! i used the apple iphone web configuator it worked great!!! heres the link

Apple - Support - Discussions - Turning off data transmission ? ...

kinda hard to setup but it works wicked!!

Worked perfectly!
    Just one note! Please add that you will need iTunes 7.7 for this to work! I had iTunes 7.6 while installing and got error 5 when restoring to the new frimware. Installing iTunes 7.7 fixed it.

This worked prett perfect for me, but I was a bit tired last night and missed a few steps and it came out just fine. I have an unlocked 1.1.4 via iLiberty. I just put it in recovery mode, not DFU, did this via ziphone. Then in iTunes 7.7 shift+restore and selected the 2.0 torrent. Updated the iPhone perfect, and when completed it ran BootNeuter automatically. Everything worked perfect and was pretty easy, took about 10 mins.

iPhone? More like MyPhone diggie2002's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Can I leave out Bootneuter?
    Does anyone know what would happen if I was to leave out the steps involving Bootneuter? I am on ATT and dont need to unlock, only jailbreak. Any info will be greatly appreciated!
    Thank me if I helped you out!

hello cosmoslv i have a question.
    i followed the guide here (i am newbie) even so it took me only 10 minutes and it works all fine(i didnt put my iphone in dfu modus i just connect the iphone +shift+ restore+you firmware). my iphone was unlocked with ziphone 1.1.3 i followed the guide here and winpw (but idownloaded 1.1.4 i think that was wrong,i should download 1.1.3?) but anyway it works all mails,wifi,edge etc except two things: itunes doesnt sync my calendar entry and second i have a white stip on the left corner of my display and that really bothers me...

do you think if i put the iphone in dfu and restore with your new custom firmware that could resolve the problems especially the white strip on my display?
    thank you very much for sharing the firmware without you no windows user could upgrade thank you again and also i wanna thank panth383 for his excellent guide because even i newbie like me has upgradet my iphone. thank again u both

Has anyone using T-mobile been able to use 5.99 T-mo internet? If the package on Installer doesn't work, I would assume that the manual plist mod and proxy install would? (the one here: The Happy Coder Blog Archive t-zones (a.k.a. $5.99 Internet access) on the iPhone)

I have a 1.1.4 unlocked by ziphone. Since so many people have had problems with DFU restores, I'm gonna take the safe route: backup pics and addressbook database, restore to 1.1.4 via iTunes and an Apple ipsw, WinPwn, use iTunes 7.7 to shift-restore the latest CosmoLV custom 2.0 fw. Sound like a good plan?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i keep getting a unknown error 6 after it starts to upgrade the firmware? any help?

pwnd 114 shift update downloaded custom ipsw worked perfectly no dfu needed just use itunes
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

U should be a lil more specific in the steps you have taken so far up to that point,maybe I can help you. BTW thanks to panth383 & cosmoslv for making this possible.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i did everything the instructions said.

Hey all just want give you my experience with the unlock. First off I orginally unlocked with ziphone ( i know a noob) anyway when I tried to load the unlocked firmware posted here I kept getting error 1601 and 1602. I went and grabbed iliberty to get me back out of dfu mode and went ahead and flashed my iphone with the stantdard 1.4 and also let iliberty update the bootloader. after having a fresh iphone i tried the steps here to update and it worked fine no problems what so ever.

oh by the way thanks mac guys for throwing up the image it is much appericated!!!!

oh by the way thanks mac guys for throwing up the image it is much appericated!!!!
    Last edited by jmaddox; 2008-07-21 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

nevermind this post. Edited cuz I 'm a dummy
    Last edited by The Punisher; 2008-07-21 at 08:02 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    do i have to upgrade to 2.0 before i do this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

no just pwn with 1.1.4 and follow instructions

my question is: I am a legit ATT customer that had a reg (edge) iphone that a only jailbroke with ziphone on 1.1.3 and just recently upgraded to stock 2.0 and i wanted to see if anyone can make me a ipsw for a 2G 2.0 stock iphone that has not been pwned before any help...I WILL THANK!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-07-31)

I too also have a 1st gen IPhone that was upgraded to the stock 2.0 firmware. The instructions talk about how to pwn the phone from the 1.1.4 firmware. Do I need to downgrade? Or has someone already done this? Please, any help would be great. Thanks!

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaoticsp View Post
    I too also have a 1st gen IPhone that was upgraded to the stock 2.0 firmware. The instructions talk about how to pwn the phone from the 1.1.4 firmware. Do I need to downgrade? Or has someone already done this? Please, any help would be great. Thanks!
    i just asked another guy on MMi who is going to make me a ipsw for a 2G ATT iphone that is currently 2.0 stock and has NEVER been pwned so ill PM it to you when i get it, all you have to do once you get it is put the iphone into DFU mode and restore through iTunes...i think

23. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-07-31)

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast