Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwning 2.0 On Windows [Guide/Troubleshooting]

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoLV View Post
    Now i understand why you get error
    Your download may be not complete or it damaged

Thanks to igrieveforfood - to give it at fast speed to others, because torrents is so slow
    It is hosted off my home connection, but its got a 5mb outbound pipe, so it shouldn't be too bad. just explain what that makedir portion means....how do we do that in windows?

Everything seemed to work fine, but when I go into my settings, I can't use Wifi.

It simply says "No Wi-Fi"

The same thing for bluetooth as well.

Anyone?

I'm still on a jailbroken 1.1.2, so can I just restore with the custom firmware? Or do I have to pwn my phone to 1.1.4?

mmmk, I tried restoring with :

iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw and
    iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL_4.6.ipsw
    iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw (just to get it back working...)

and get error 1601 everytime... using 7.7 Itunes...previously I had 3.9 boot, and 1.1.4...and my phones stuck in DFU.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbloodz View Post
    I'm still on a jailbroken 1.1.2, so can I just restore with the custom firmware? Or do I have to pwn my phone to 1.1.4?
    No, you need to be pwned or winpwned on 1.1.4.

I tried reverting back , and using Itunes 7.5 ... crap no luck! It would only throw me that 1601 error when I tried connecting it to my computer. I couldn't even choose a restore image.

I am back on 7.7 and I can at least try to restore it...but I get 1601 everytime, any thoughts?

let me add that itunes will extract the FW...then start the preparing the iphone for flash scroll bar...and a few seconds after that it cuts and says "The Iphone "Iphone" could not be restored. An unknwon error occured (1601).

hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by igrieveforfood; 2008-07-20 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by igrieveforfood View Post
    I tried reverting back , and using Itunes 7.5 ... crap no luck! It would only throw me that 1601 error when I tried connecting it to my computer. I couldn't even choose a restore image.

I am back on 7.7 and I can at least try to restore it...but I get 1601 everytime, any thoughts?
    have u tried to restart computer.or using a different usb port
    THANK OR DIE

Quote Originally Posted by stereo313 View Post
    have u tried to restart computer.or using a different usb port
    restarted a few times, I have two docking stations + the ipod cable that I tried using a few times.

and now, wtf... I tried a NORMAL iphone restore with 7.7 ... not using a custom restore (I did not shift click, I just clicked) and its restoring it.

I had tried this before (with no luck), this is why I am wtfing...lets see if I can play with it again to get it to work.

Now it looks like I have the legit version of 2.0 on my iphone...what should I do now? haha
    Last edited by igrieveforfood; 2008-07-20 at 11:24 PM.

I could not get the firmware that didnt require the phone to be pwned to work. I kept getting 1600 or 1601 errors. I decided to use winpwn and ipwned it. I then followed the instructions in the beginning and of the thread and all is well. Everything seems to be working. Love getting my exchange email sync'd properly.

I did not put the phone in DFU mode. I just did a shift + restore and grabbed the file on the first page of this thread. IT took about 5 minutes for the phone to reboot and then it took a few minutes at a bootloader modification screen. It then sat for another few minutes at a baseband flash screen before the phone finally rebooted and was resync'd with itunes.

BTW, my phone was on 1.1.4 firmware and ziphone 3 was used to unlock and activate it.
    Last edited by regrossman; 2008-07-21 at 12:13 AM.

it worked and everything is working great but now my edge doesn't work...the E is there but i can't put it my carrier settings under settings>general>network the option to put it in is not there...any ideas?!

Working great, used the last .ispw put up (the one that didnt require previous pwnage) and shift+restored the new software into the phone without DFU mode. worked flawlessly..

Phone was previously on 1.1.4 jailbroken with iLiberty+...

Thanks to dev-team and cosmoLV for all your hard work!

can anyone else on rogers confirm there edge wokring?

Quote Originally Posted by igrieveforfood View Post
    mmmk, I tried restoring with :

iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw and
    iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL_4.6.ipsw
    iPhone1,1_1.1.4_4A102_Restore.ipsw (just to get it back working...)

and get error 1601 everytime... using 7.7 Itunes...previously I had 3.9 boot, and 1.1.4...and my phones stuck in DFU.
    Same exact thing for me. I had the 3.9 boot from Iliberty+, pwned my phone, put it in DFU (automatically via iliberty), then tried to install pretty much every firmware that's been posted (trying to do the "official" firmware now in the hopes of simply getting out of DFU mode).

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation There it is ;)
    The final update and fixes: iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL3.9_4.6__Fix ed.ipsw

1. Added 850 MB free space to root partition
    2. Removed Addres Book from Home screen
    3. Fixed some itunes errors

iPhone runs more smoother

================================================== =========

Include: Cydia, OpenSSH

Before Begin!

IMPORTANT!
    ================================================== ==========

1. Put iPhone in DFU Mode! Tutorial:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

2. Shift Restore in iTunes - Windows | Option restore in MAC
    3. Wait until Restore Process Finishes
    4. Thats all, just wait after Bootneuter finishes... Important!

5. Thats all - Activated/Unlocked/Jailbreaked

on first try to SSH the iPhone not work, give some 2 or 3 tryes to connect...

================================================== ===========

EXPLANATION and some Fixes

1. Why DFU mode?
    In DFU mode iTunes Wipes Phone clear and then restores it, this avoids previus PWNAGES and unlocks...

2. If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir ~/Library/iTunes/?Device Support? ; if that
    directory already exists, remove any files in it.

3. If DFU restores are giving you trouble, another route to pwned 2.0 for 1G owners is to use our first pwnage at 1.1.4. Once you are pwned there, you can do a normal recovery-mode restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw. BTW the iPhone does *not* need to be pre-pwned to be able to DFU-restore into a pwned ipsw ? it needs to be pre-pwned only for normal recovery-mode restores of custom ipsw?s."

iPhone 2.0 Upgrade Steps for 2G iPhones ACCIDENTALLY Upgraded to 2.0 already.

Follow and check all steps and all will work.

=== Pre-upgrade Checks ===
    1. Restore your iPhone with the Original & Official Apple iphone 2.0 software.
    2. Phone will be "emergency" only status.

=== Device Support Folder === (2.0.1 should solve this but check it anyway )
    1. Open Finder
    2. Goto "Mac HD"
    3. Goto "Library" and then to "Itunes"
    4. If "Device Support" EXISTS - open folder and delete everything in there.
    5. If "Device Support" folder doesn't exist - create a new folder called "Device Support"

=== Download Bootloaders ===
    1. You need both 3.9 and 4.6 (available via 100s of links on this page - particularly at the top)

=== Upgrade Steps ===
    1. Open up the pwned 2.0
    2. Goto EXPERT MODE - if you use simple mode you will get errors 6, 20, 1600, 1601 etc and it will NOT work
    3. Select the 2.0 firmware and also select relevant *.bins
    4. When get to main menu screen, go into Bootnetuer and select "Update Bootloader" and select "4.6"
    5. Go back to main menu and enter General Settings --> select Enable Baseband Update
    6. Then build the firmware and save it to your desktop
    7. Once the firmware is built, pwned will ask you to plug in your iphone via USB.
    8. It will then step you through the process of enter DFU mode
    9. Once this is complete it will ask you to boot up itunes (when you plugged you phone in it may have already loaded)
    10. Hold down ALT (on MAC) and select the firmware on your desktop
    11. iPhone will update - LEAVE IT for the entire process.
    12. It should install and all will work

=== If DFU Fails ===
    1. Plug iPhone into USB & then TURN OFF (connected obviously :P)
    2. Hold the power and home buttons at the same time for 10 secs
    3. Release power button and continue holding home button
    4. iTunes will recognize the phone in "Restore Mode"
    5. Hit "Option/ALT" key and click restore.
    6. Select the firmware on your desktop
    7. Await 2.0 love (feel free to drink a beer at this point)

if you for some reason still have problems:
    Jailbreaking your iPhone 3G on Windows - Apple iPhone - Mobile Phones - Whirlpool Broadband Forums

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Dev-Team and all the peoples who working on this! Big Thanks!

-
    Last edited by cosmoLV; 2008-07-21 at 02:01 AM.
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

The final update and fixes: iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL3.9_4.6__Fix ed.ipsw

1. Added 850 MB free space to root partition
    2. Removed Addres Book from Home screen
    3. Fixed some itunes errors

iPhone runs more smoother

================================================== =========

Include: Cydia, OpenSSH

Before Begin!

IMPORTANT!

1. Put iPhone in DFU Mode! Tutorial:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

2. Shift Restore in iTunes - Windows | Option restore in MAC
    3. Wait until Restore Process Finishes
    4. Thats all, just wait after Bootneuter finishes... Important!

5. Thats all - Activated/Unlocked/Jailbreaked

on first try to SSH the iPhone not work, give some 2 or 3 tryes to connect...

================================================== ===========

EXPLANATION and some Fixes

1. Why DFU mode?
    In DFU mode iTunes Wipes Phone clear and then restores it, this avoids previus PWNAGES and unlocks...

2. If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir ~/Library/iTunes/?Device Support? ; if that
    directory already exists, remove any files in it.

3. If DFU restores are giving you trouble, another route to pwned 2.0 for 1G owners is to use our first pwnage at 1.1.4. Once you are pwned there, you can do a normal recovery-mode restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw. BTW the iPhone does *not* need to be pre-pwned to be able to DFU-restore into a pwned ipsw ? it needs to be pre-pwned only for normal recovery-mode restores of custom ipsw?s."

Thanks Dev-Team and all the peoples who working on this! Big Thanks!

iPhone 2.0 Upgrade Steps for 2G iPhones ACCIDENTALLY Upgraded to 2.0 already.

Follow and check all steps and all will work.

=== Pre-upgrade Checks ===
    1. Restore your iPhone with the Original & Official Apple iphone 2.0 software.
    2. Phone will be "emergency" only status.

=== Device Support Folder === (2.0.1 should solve this but check it anyway )
    1. Open Finder
    2. Goto "Mac HD"
    3. Goto "Library" and then to "Itunes"
    4. If "Device Support" EXISTS - open folder and delete everything in there.
    5. If "Device Support" folder doesn't exist - create a new folder called "Device Support"

=== Download Bootloaders ===
    1. You need both 3.9 and 4.6 (available via 100s of links on this page - particularly at the top)

=== Upgrade Steps ===
    1. Open up the pwned 2.0
    2. Goto EXPERT MODE - if you use simple mode you will get errors 6, 20, 1600, 1601 etc and it will NOT work
    3. Select the 2.0 firmware and also select relevant *.bins
    4. When get to main menu screen, go into Bootnetuer and select "Update Bootloader" and select "4.6"
    5. Go back to main menu and enter General Settings --> select Enable Baseband Update
    6. Then build the firmware and save it to your desktop
    7. Once the firmware is built, pwned will ask you to plug in your iphone via USB.
    8. It will then step you through the process of enter DFU mode
    9. Once this is complete it will ask you to boot up itunes (when you plugged you phone in it may have already loaded)
    10. Hold down ALT (on MAC) and select the firmware on your desktop
    11. iPhone will update - LEAVE IT for the entire process.
    12. It should install and all will work

=== If DFU Fails ===
    1. Plug iPhone into USB & then TURN OFF (connected obviously :P)
    2. Hold the power and home buttons at the same time for 10 secs
    3. Release power button and continue holding home button
    4. iTunes will recognize the phone in "Restore Mode"
    5. Hit "Option/ALT" key and click restore.
    6. Select the firmware on your desktop
    7. Await 2.0 love (feel free to drink a beer at this point)

if you for some reason still have problems:
    Jailbreaking your iPhone 3G on Windows - Apple iPhone - Mobile Phones - Whirlpool Broadband Forums

has the edge issues been fixed?

ok, tried the DFU restore without the iPWN and i am now stuck in DFU mode. i got error 1600 from itunes when i tried to restore to the custom fw.

can someone help me get out of dfu mode?
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trumpjr View Post
    has the edge issues been fixed?
    iPhone firmware 2.0 has different settings for EDGE, but jes i fixed this - for me working now - i don't cnow about other countries, but i thing works

if you can check this i'll be wery happy

Can anyone that has PwnageTool 2.0 working post a pre-made custom .ipsw file for the 3G that is jailbroken with the activate box unchecked in expert options? many thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by titeo View Post
    ok, tried the DFU restore without the iPWN and i am now stuck in DFU mode. i got error 1600 from itunes when i tried to restore to the custom fw.

can someone help me get out of dfu mode?
    i fix this issue in this release: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/1553791-post74.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
    Can anyone that has PwnageTool 2.0 working post a pre-made custom .ipsw file for the 3G that is jailbroken with the activate box unchecked in expert options? many thanks!
    Building now
    Last edited by cosmoLV; 2008-07-21 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i fix this issue in this release: http://www.modmyi.com/forums/1553791-post74.html
    ok, i will download that new fw. i am still stuck in DFU mode, is that ok?

ps-this is scaring the living hell out of me. I am getting a feeling that i might have bricked my phone!
    1st Gen iPhone 2.0 - Jailbroken and Unlocked on T-Mobile

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast