Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwning 2.0 On Windows [Guide/Troubleshooting]

If the last .ipsw is that easy, cosmoLV, u are amazing! Im d/l now, just one question, if i am running 1.1.4 that was jailbroken using iLiberty is it safe to follow the instruction u just posted?

only issue i have is my wallpaper doesnt change. i ssh into the phone and deleted the lockdown jpeg, still black background. I can see the wallpaper on the lock screen though. and ideas to why it doesnt change?

I did all this now I notice under settings, show my caller id it is now greyed out and I can't turn it on. Anyone else have this?

yes Its seems to be that easy

Taken direct from the Dev Teams Blog, here is what they say, bold added by me:

"Update 5: If DFU restores are giving you trouble, another route to pwned 2.0 for 1G owners is to use our first pwnage at 1.1.4. Once you are pwned there, you can do a normal recovery-mode restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw. BTW the iPhone does *not* need to be pre-pwned to be able to DFU-restore into a pwned ipsw — it needs to be pre-pwned only for normal recovery-mode restores of custom ipsw’s."
    Eric's iPhone 4 4.01 offically unlocked

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ericidle For This Useful Post:

cosmoLV (2008-07-20)

iPhone? More like MyPhone cosmoLV's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ja73d View Post
    I did all this now I notice under settings, show my caller id it is now greyed out and I can't turn it on. Anyone else have this?
    This is depending on your carrier and your carrier services, if you not have ordered Hide caller ID, then this option will be disabled
    Carrier: LV LMT
    Runing On FW: 2.0 BL 3.9
    -------------------------------------

Default Temporarliy lost
    Troubleshooting:

If you get Error 1600 from iTunes try: mkdir “~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” ; if that directory already exists, remove any files in it. Or you dodnt put into DFU mode correctly. [In iTunes Plug phone in, keeping the phone on Press and hold power and home keys for 10 seconds. Release power key, keep holding home button until iTunes tells you it needs to be restored. Screen will remain black.]

My phone is in DFU mode and I am getting the 1600 message in itunes. How do I do what is sugested in this post. How do I do that?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cosmoLV View Post
    For Those Who have problems with restoring

i make another upload: iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore__BL_4.6.ipsw

Universal Package, Dont require to be first PWNED - Just restore in itunes, but put iPhone in DFU Mode:

IMPORTANT!
    ================================================== ==========

A... You need to bee on 1.1.4 firmware!

1. Put iPhone in DFU Mode! Tutorial:
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

2. Shift Restore in iTunes - Windows | Option restore in MAC
    3. Wait until Restore Process Finishes
    4. Thats all, just wait after Bootneuter finishes... Important!

5. Thats all - Activated/Unlocked/Jailbreaked

Allready installed OpenSSH -
    on first try to SSH the iPhone not work, give some 2 or 3 tryes to connect...

This firmware works for Booth Bootloaders 4.6 and 3.9
    ================================================== ==========

if i help you, give me Thanks

UPDATE
    EXPLANATION and some Fixes

1. Why DFU mode?
    In DFU mode iTunes Wipes Phone clear and then restores it, this avoids previus PWNAGES and unlocks...

2. If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir ~/Library/iTunes/”Device Support” ; if that
    directory already exists, remove any files in it.

3. If DFU restores are giving you trouble, another route to pwned 2.0 for 1G owners is to use our first pwnage at 1.1.4. Once you are pwned there, you can do a normal recovery-mode restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw. BTW the iPhone does *not* need to be pre-pwned to be able to DFU-restore into a pwned ipsw — it needs to be pre-pwned only for normal recovery-mode restores of custom ipsw’s."

Thanks Dev-Team and all the peoples who working on this! Big Thanks!
    dude none of your links work in any of your posts. its either anonymous login or no page to display.

the pirate bay is totally down, the main index page doesnt even work. Is there anyway someone could post a mirror download site?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tattoojack View Post
    dude none of your links work in any of your posts. its either anonymous login or no page to display.
    All links working, i have only two links, iClarified and the bay, bay server sometimes get down - you now why? Guess - traffic...

be patient...

Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/?m1ioty3dr1z
    Last edited by cosmoLV; 2008-07-20 at 09:33 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cosmoLV For This Useful Post:

frankydabull (2008-07-20)

yeah I know. It would just be nice to have a mirror somewhere else, it isnt that much work. But patience is a virtue, I understand if not. wow I am eating my words now..... nevermind. thanks for the guide, much appreciated.

Thanks

And Please - keep seeding i see there are lots of peoples when download finishes they quits - please keep doing good job to help others faster get this stuff

i followed all the steps and i got nothing...itunes keeps giving me error 1403 i'm running on fw 114 pwned with winpwn bl 4.6 i'v tried like 3 different guides all with the same error. i'm running itunes 7.7 but it seems like itunes doesn't like the custom fw please help!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trumpjr View Post
    i followed all the steps and i got nothing...itunes keeps giving me error 1403 i'm running on fw 114 pwned with winpwn bl 4.6 i'v tried like 3 different guides all with the same error. i'm running itunes 7.7 but it seems like itunes doesn't like the custom fw please help!!
    Actualy this error is more like for iPod Touch
    what proccess iTunes do when this error pops up?
    Last edited by cosmoLV; 2008-07-20 at 10:01 PM.

i shift click restore select custom fw and it says "an unknown error 1403 has occured" and thats it can't restore

I got error 16013...or something and the iphone stuck in DFU mode now.

I had 1.1.4 on it, with 3.6.

Also --

If you get Error 1600 from iTunes try: mkdir “~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” ;

does not make any sense.

I also decided to host that file...as pirates bay torrent DL took me a long time.

This is the link to my sites directory :

2.0 custom FW

rightclick on the file and save as.
    Last edited by igrieveforfood; 2008-07-20 at 10:19 PM.

IT WORKED i tried to use the fw that you just recently posted in the thread and it worked its flashing baseband right now....soo weird

Thanks

i shift click restore select custom fw and it says "an unknown error 1403 has occured" and thats it can't restore
    Wery strange - i checked this last custom firmware was i uploaded to my iPhone 2G and all working great - Booth on MAC and PC

Reinstall iTunes matbe?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cosmoLV For This Useful Post:

trumpjr (2008-07-20)

Everything went fine until I tried to restore my settings from backup - on reboot, it was stuck with the Apple logo with the spinning "thinking" icon right on top of it, and it kept vibrating. I DFU'ed and then did NOT restore the backup this time around....worked.

Doh...should've backed up my pictures first.

Can someone explain the If you get Error 1600 from iTunes try: mkdir “~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” ;

Where do we do this? I'm stuck with 1600 and 1601 errors when trying to restore.

Thanks

IT WORKED i tried to use the fw that you just recently posted in the thread and it worked its flashing baseband right now....soo weird
    Now i understand why you get error
    Your download may be not complete or it damaged

Thanks to igrieveforfood - to give it at fast speed to others, because torrents is so slow

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast