Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwning 2.0 On Windows [Guide/Troubleshooting]

so, I had some issues along the way, but I'll explain EXACTLY what I did to answer some questions I've seen people ask on here.

Everything was done with iTunes 7.7 the WHOLE TIME.

Started with 1.1.3 unlocked/Jailbroken. Restored to a stock 1.1.4 through itunes. (DFU Mode).

Used winPWN to PWN the phone. Created custom 1.1.4 firmware to unlock and jailbreak. (after only pwning 1.1.4, DFU and restore with the custom 2.0 didn't work, so I unlocked and jailbroke 1.1.4)

DFU mode, Restore with iTunes using custom 1.1.4 (Make sure to install OpenSSH, Installer, and Cydia just in case).

Once 1.1.4 was unlocked and jailbroken, I then went into DFU mode again and restored with CosmoLV's Custom 2.0 Firmware, let it run, and it worked!!

At this point, I decided to restore from my backup in order to get the contacts, pictures, and calendar stuff back on my phone. Mail crashed when I tried to open it, so I used HAMPROOF's advice on page 11 of this thread (1. ssh to iPhone 2. chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile). This allowed my email to work, and now everything is 100%. Another thing this guide left out, was which FW you need to be starting with. WinPWN needs a stock 1.1.4 in order to pwn your phone. I was trying to pwn it with 1.1.3 unlocked/jailbroke.

Note: Step 1 of this guide says to stop the iphonefreakz tutorial at step 7. This didn't work for me. I had to continue with the iphonefreakz steps 7-15 in order to get the 2.0 update to work. Let me know if you have any questions, I'm definitely not an expert but this process worked perfectly for me once I figured it out.
    Last edited by Sniper366; 2008-07-23 at 05:34 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1.1.4 ziphoned upgraded to 2.0 winpwnd successfully. cydia and apps work. Just followed the guide posted on sleepers.net. it's almost the same as this one. I can't tell the difference except for the bootneuter.

how do I get the contacts icon back?

Quote Originally Posted by DrKoRn View Post
    Hi!

Iam from Germany and where ist the Shift Key?

How can i put the file into Itunes?
    On your keyboard isnt it called the option key....if not its basically the key you hold to capitalize a letter....not capslock

Sniper: I have the same mail problem as you.

I've now SSHed my phone, but what does this mean:

"chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile"

How do I do that?

Thanks
    I second this problem, can someone explain this?

I'm sure it's simple, but I don't know how to do it in WinSCP

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by yomino View Post
    Sniper: I have the same mail problem as you.

I've now SSHed my phone, but what does this mean:

"chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile"

How do I do that?

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

In the ssh program like winscp...put that into the terminal but not sure what it does lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

crazyballer (2008-07-24)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whateverman24791 View Post
    In the ssh program like winscp...put that into the terminal but not sure what it does lol
    Um, strangely enough, that worked like a charm!

I've hit thanks for you, even though it was painfully obvious, haha.

Man, I really would like winpwn 2.0 to work already....

Guys I was having a lot of problem with error 1600, 1602 etc... then I followed this guide and it worked :

Pwning iPhone Firmware 2.0 (Windows) | Haklabs

Also can someone please answer this :

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/pwnage/...pwned-one.html

Can someone please explain what the following options are in winpwn 2.0 advanced tab:

Activate Phone,
    No wipe,
    Enable Baseband update,
    Neuter bootneuter 3.9/4.6
    Update bootneuter.....
    Unlock baseband
    Auto Delete bootneuter

Should i be ticking all these ??

Oh and what is a custom payload ??

Quote Originally Posted by whateverman24791 View Post
    I had my tech guy at work do it for me, but yes, you put it into terminal. He said that it changes the rights for this folder. "CHOWN" means Change Ownership, and -R is some sort of permission code. Thats all I know.

And what, CrazyBaller, no thanks for me?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sniper366 For This Useful Post:

whateverman24791 (2008-07-25)

iPhone? More like MyPhone whateverman24791's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper366 View Post
    I had my tech guy at work do it for me, but yes, you put it into terminal. He said that it changes the rights for this folder. "CHOWN" means Change Ownership, and -R is some sort of permission code. Thats all I know.

And what, CrazyBaller, no thanks for me?

hahaa, i thanked you for telling me what "chown" meant lol

Quote Originally Posted by theINSKIP View Post
    Can someone please explain what the following options are in winpwn 2.0 advanced tab:

Activate Phone,
    No wipe,
    Enable Baseband update,
    Neuter bootneuter 3.9/4.6
    Update bootneuter.....
    Unlock baseband
    Auto Delete bootneuter

Should i be ticking all these ??

Oh and what is a custom payload ??
    if you are an ATT customer DO NOT click activate or you tube fix on the first tab, no wipe actually doesn't work and you must click enable baseband update for the ipsw to be made, again if you are with ATT don't unlock or auto delete just and select the others...ight???

15. The Following User Says Thank You to whateverman24791 For This Useful Post:

mcdj (2008-07-31)

winpwn keeps crashing and closing for me when it tries and writes the root filesystem. please help someone. i cant even create a custom fw to load in itunes

First of all thank you for your help. I managed fionally to install 2.0 but i end up with the message "sim locked" which means no ativated. I downgraded ti 1.1.4 working and i tried again with the same result. Looks like it goes o.k with jailbreak and unlock but not with activation. Remind that the phone is activated/jaibroken/unlocked with ziphone 2.5 and currently running on 1.1.4. Is it working somehow with activation or should i leave it? (i am in Greece so no AT&T customer). Thanks again.

hey guys everything went fine going to 2.0 on winpwn .I am on att and did not check you tube fix and now i get you must connect to you tube with internet connection to activate you tube -do I need to re jailbreak and check you tube I logged onto itunes but nothing happened ? any help would be great

anyone on att check the youtube fix? does any one know why I should not check it (besides all the guides saying not to)?
    Last edited by HOPPERSAN; 2008-07-29 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Sniper366: I'm sorry, but your tech guy must suck if he can't even figure out that the R in "-R" stands for recursive. It means to change the owner for all of the subfolders, etc. as well.

Quote Originally Posted by planetbeing View Post
    Sniper366: I'm sorry, but your tech guy must suck if he can't even figure out that the R in "-R" stands for recursive. It means to change the owner for all of the subfolders, etc. as well.
    Hahahaa, I'm pretty sure that just means that I suck. I wasn't paying too much attention. I think I just relayed the message wrong. Right Eddy? Either way, it worked!

If I use WinPWn and I want to un jailbrake it.. can i??

So if i want to jailbreak my iPHONE what do i need to do and is it possible?

How can I get it out of recovery mode? I tried using Ziphone to kick it out of recovery mode and it didn't work. I was going to try iBrickr too, but it said that it didn't work for the newer firmwares. how can i do it?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910