Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need pwnage help (PLEASE!)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need pwnage help (PLEASE!)
    While using the new pwnage 2.0 tool I got an error that says "No Bootloader v3.9 file was found". It gives me the option to search the web for it, but nothing of use comes up. Can someone please help me with this? It is extremely, extremely frustrating.

Thanks

Here is 3.9 & 4.6 bootloader......Click

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zwayne For This Useful Post:

topperburgess (2008-07-20)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you VERY much! That helped me get to the next step, but now I'm having ANOTHER problem (one at each step so far! GRRR!)... after building the IPSW file on my desktop another error comes up saying that it failed to go into DFU mode. SO I tried doing that myself, and it still didn't work. Mind you, this happens after they ask if the phone has ever been pwned before, and I click no.

I have the same DFU problem.
    The file was created successfully, I tried just using iTunes to restore with it, haha, no go.

Thanks

So it want go into DFU mode manual?

Same DFU problem

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

haha this is almost becoming TOO much trouble... so I finally got it into DFU mode by doing the whole "hold power and home button thing" and then the next step is to "turn off" but isn't it off when it's in DFU mode? I mean, the screen is black and I can't do anything. So I try to turn it on again, but then it goes out of DFU mode and the installer prompts me to put it back. Any suggestions?

And one more question (I apologize for all of the confusion and pestering...I'll be out of your hair soon!)... the last thing says that I can now open iTunes and restore with the custom restore. Does that mean I just click restore and it will automatically find the new package on my desktop?
    Last edited by topperburgess; 2008-07-20 at 03:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I wrote it on the dev team blogs comments but I rewrite it here:

PwnageTool is atempting to get your iPhone in the DFU mode and the first step to do so is "connect your device to the usb port". BUT: if your device is already connected you get the "failed to enter dfu mode".
    if you just enter dfu mode manually, pwnageTool will begin to guide you into DFU mode (which results in "turn off your device").
    here's what you do:
    1) you run pwnagetool with the iphone NOT CONNECTED and connect it when pwnagetool tells you to do so
    2) when you get "failed to enter dfu mode" or anything (after your IPSW was built) you just enter dfu mode and restore using the custom firmware. after you enter dfu mode all pwnagetool does is telling you to close it and restore in itunes, so it doesn't matter if pwnagetool is running while you enter dfu mode.

regards

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

topperburgess (2008-07-20)

iTunes couldn't restore my phone using the ipsw, "an unknown error occurred (6).

Here's the end of my pwnage tool log:
    2008-07-19 21:58:46 - Successfully built custom .ipsw file at '/Users/JoeBob/Desktop/iPhone1,1_2.0_5A347_Custom_Restore.ipsw'.
    2008-07-19 21:58:56 - Failed to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw file.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So I finally got through the pwnage tool and it instructed me to open iTunes and restore, but as I asked earlier, so I need to do something special to restore? And when should I put in my T-mobile sim card? After restoring, what exactly do I do next? (I tried restoring and then putting in my sim card but then it instructs me to connect to iTunes and tells me that I have the wrong sim card in). I'm sorry about all the questions, but I am so confused at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by topperburgess View Post
    So I finally got through the pwnage tool and it instructed me to open iTunes and restore, but as I asked earlier, so I need to do something special to restore? And when should I put in my T-mobile sim card? After restoring, what exactly do I do next? (I tried restoring and then putting in my sim card but then it instructs me to connect to iTunes and tells me that I have the wrong sim card in). I'm sorry about all the questions, but I am so confused at this point.
    when your IPSW is built you have to enter the DFU mode. to do this you connect your iphone, then you hold down power button + home button. the iphone will turn off, turn back on again and when the apple appears on the screen you release the power button but keep holding the home button. after a short while the screen will go black and then the "connect to itunes" logo appears. you can now let go of the home button.

itunes will recognize your iphone in "recovery mode". so you recover it via itunes using the IPSW file you just built (you can choose an IPSW file by holding shift (windows) or control (mac) while clicking on "restore" in itunes).
    after your iphone is restored you got a working 2.0 firmware running.
    note: to use any simcard you like you have to answer "no" when PwnageTool asks you if you are a legit iPhone user.
    when you insert your simcard does not matter at all.

regards

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackWolf For This Useful Post:

topperburgess (2008-07-20), zap1027 (2008-07-20)

option! option! option in mac!

I get an error after DFU mode, and restore in iTunes... The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thank you thank you THANK YOU! When should I put my sim card in?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWolf View Post
    itunes will recognize your iphone in "recovery mode". so you recover it via itunes using the IPSW file you just built (you can choose an IPSW file by holding shift (windows) or control (mac) while clicking on "restore" in itunes).
    OPTION (mac)

Quote Originally Posted by samwithoutaname View Post
    option! option! option in mac!
    sorry option on mac ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by zlinger View Post
    I get an error after DFU mode, and restore in iTunes... The iPhone could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1600).
    dev team blog says:
    Update 3: If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir “~/Library/iTunes/Device Support” ; if that directory already exists, remove any files in it. Then re-run PwnageTool.
    regards

oh and btw: using a mac to create the IPSW file and then restoring the iPhone on a windows PC works perfectly fine. so good news for all windows users who have access to a friends mac or something ;-)
    Last edited by BlackWolf; 2008-07-20 at 04:54 AM.

Sweet!!! All is good now!!!!!!! I got it too work after the error solution on the front page of the iphone dev team blog.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I finally did it! I'm all set up. THANK YOU to everyone who helped me and answered my seemingly endless amount of questions Have a good night.

i get the error 1601 on the restore as well. now im stuck in a reboot cycle. ibrickr doesnt even bail me out

im still geting an error 6 on itunes.....WTF????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast