Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Total noob that wishes to restore to 1.1.4

Default Total noob that wishes to restore to 1.1.4
    Hey there,

Well, my iPhone (Original not 3G) arrived this morning which I bought on eBay and it has been unlocked and jailbroken for all networks etc.
    Don't start having a go at me for not buying the latest iPhone because this particular phone was good value.

I am using O2 PAYG (Yeah I'm British), I'm also wondering if I upgrade to 1.1.4 (NOT jailbroken or unlocked or even if I upgrade to 2.0) will PAYG still work with it?

Basically, I have no idea where to go from here, and I must put it back to official firmware because currently it is experiencing that common WiFi fault where it doesn't find the host on Safari or Installer (Uses same core stack of Safari App).

It's modem firmware is 04.04.05_G.

That's about all I can tell you.

Yes I realize that the new PwnageTool is coming but I'm guessing that I will still have to the phone on an official Apple FW to upgrade it to the jailbroken 2.0.

I have no idea what program was used to jailbreak and unlock it so I have no idea about the baseband.

Software platform does not matter for me as I have both OSX Leopard and Vista on my Macbook.

Please help a 15 year old noob before he goes off on vacation?

Thanks a million

Sorry, I'm a total noob to the iPhone (And hacking scene).
    Last edited by HammyHavoc; 2008-07-16 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Adding more info.

If you hold shift when clicking restore in itunes, you can search your computer for the firmware to restore back to. An easy google search will help you find 1.1.4 download.

After putting the phone in recovery mode, hit restore and wait. You can google hot to get to recovery mode too. But once your in recovery mode, no turning back. When done, use one of the unlocking programs such as Pwnage Tool, WinPwn (same as Pwnage but for windows), iLiberty+, or Ziphone.

All of the programs have the options to unlock AND jailbreak. Once done, any SIM network will work on the iphone. Just follow directions.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by H3ckman View Post
    If you hold shift when clicking restore in itunes, you can search your computer for the firmware to restore back to. An easy google search will help you find 1.1.4 download.

After putting the phone in recovery mode, hit restore and wait. You can google hot to get to recovery mode too. But once your in recovery mode, no turning back. When done, use one of the unlocking programs such as Pwnage Tool, WinPwn (same as Pwnage but for windows), iLiberty+, or Ziphone.

All of the programs have the options to unlock AND jailbreak. Once done, any SIM network will work on the iphone. Just follow directions.

Hope this helps.
    link to said 1.1.4 download?

Quote Originally Posted by H3ckman View Post

Hope this helps.
    So does this mean that my phone won't be bricked when I update to 2.0 after restoring to 1.1.4? Because I thought the baseband was separate to the firmware from what I had read on various sites.
    I'm sure the 2.0 jailbreak will come soon enough, but I want my MobileMe.

Okay here's how it is as of now, I downloaded BootNeuter, and this is what it told me:

Version 3.9
    Neuter Off
    FakeBlank Off
    Unlock On

I wish to restore this to legitimate Apple firmware so I can upgrade to 2.0, how do I go about doing this?

Okay man.

As far as going to 1.1.4, it is pretty safe. I am not sure if you have to go to 1.1.4 before you can go to 2.0 though. My guess is you don't.

I have just upgraded my iPhone to 2.0. Pwnage Tool 2.01 has come out and the directions are easy. Since you are new to the hacking scene, if you do simple mode it will take you through the process.

Dev-Team's Blog - http://blog.iphone-dev.org/
    Pwnage Tool 2.01 - http://thebigboss.org/repofiles/nonr...Tool_2.0.1.zip

You will also need the ipsw (firmware 2.0) and the two bootloader files (bl-39 and bl-46) which can be found under the comments in the first couple of posts on the dev-team website.

The official apple firmware is not required to upgrade either. You can be on an unlocked/jailbroken phone and still restore.

And it is pretty much impossible to brick your phone nowadays, so don't worry. Worst that could happen is you'll accidentally go to the official firmware which is obviously not unlocked. That can be fixed easily, though.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by H3ckman; 2008-07-21 at 04:08 PM.