Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking 2.0 with pwnage [give me your ideas]

Default Unlocking 2.0 with pwnage [give me your ideas]
    Can we load the ispw into pwnage and create a custom restore with the unlock box checked?

What would happen when alt+restore is done to load that firmware onto the iphone?

Didn't that work with all the beta versions of 2.0?

Would testing it hurt? I could just alt+restore back to my custom 1.1.4 firmware right?

Some people are saying that when you load the 2.0 firmware, its permanent. What does that mean?
    iPhizzle

1.2 will work

what? it does work with the unlock feature?
    iPhizzle

yep, gizmodo confirmed it

Thanks

the jailbreak and unlock is confirmed but the method to do it has not been released yet. you should wait before upgrading to 2.0 if you still want your unlocks and stuff, imo

I installed 2.0 on my spare 8gb iPhone, it asked for a sim that was activated so I put my o2 simplicity (not an iphone contract) sim in and then iTunes asked me to activate the phone. So I did that process and it worked fine. Calls and text work, edge works and of course App Store! The pinball game is a work of are i'll be loosing hours on that I think.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Thanks

So is this confirmed? The newest version of Winpwn will work to unlock our 1.1.4 1st gens in 2.0?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sp00nfedem1 View Post
    So is this confirmed? The newest version of Winpwn will work to unlock our 1.1.4 1st gens in 2.0?
    You would probably need to update the Winpwn but its not out yet. I dont believe that this current version will be able to unlock/jailbreak 2.0 yet

I'm so confused. I think people need to get their facts straight. Can someone just try to make a custom unlocked 2.0 firmware and load it on their iphone so we can see what happens.
    iPhizzle

A lot of confusion is presented in this thread.

So can anyone answer this question:

Is it possible to unlock 2.0 right now? Do we need to wait for the Dev team to release a new pwnage tool or can we use the current one?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by joepic View Post
    A lot of confusion is presented in this thread.

So can anyone answer this question:

Is it possible to unlock 2.0 right now? Do we need to wait for the Dev team to release a new pwnage tool or can we use the current one?

Thanks!
    That's my question. The front page shows the 3G has been broken now, but no word on us 1st gen hardware users...come on dev team! You guys are my heroes!

Thanks

When you try to open a 2.0 firmware ipsw with the PwnageTool, you will get this:

2008-07-11 13:12:54 - Loaded .ipsw file from '/Users/WanderingAi/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates/iPhone1,2_2.0_5A347_Restore.ipsw'.
    2008-07-11 13:13:03 - Can't recognize version of .ipsw file.

So until they update the tool, you cannot make any custom firmware files with the 2.0 ipsw. Hope this clears up the confusion.

Edit:
    The dev team added this video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOLIR2No58w"]YouTube - PwnageTool 2.0 video by the iPhone Dev Team[/ame]. Once they release this tool then we should be able to jailbreak/unlock but until then we are probably going to have to wait.
    Last edited by WanderingAi; 2008-07-12 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Added Youtube URL

And the GPS chip (Pretty sure?), and the improved speakers, and minor tweaks to improve signal.

anyone try renaming the file to the same name as 1.1.4 restore and see in wnpwn recognizes it?

Thanks

If I read correctly, 2.0 on 1st Gen iPhones can be unlocked right now. However the 3G iPhones have a new bootloader, which apparently cannot be unlocked yet.
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

If I read correctly, 2.0 on 1st Gen iPhones can be unlocked right now. However the 3G iPhones have a new bootloader, which apparently cannot be unlocked yet.
    Yup your right, A little modification to the ziphone program is required. The only thing it doesn't do is jailbreak though no custom apps

Thanks

How's that done?

Thanks

What method is used to unlock the 1st Gen, does it activate it as-well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast