Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocking 2.0 with pwnage [give me your ideas]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello! I'm new here, so please forgive me if I am asking repetitive questions (although, I did spend two days browsing the forums and trying to find answers on my own).

I just bought a first generation iPhone with 2.0. I know that everyone is in the dark about when the new pwnage tool is coming out, BUT would you suggest that I downgrade to the previous version or just wait for the new tool? And one more question: when the tool is released, is it a fairly easy process to go through to unlock my phone for use with a T-Mobile sim card? Or do I need some extra-technical skills? Again, sorry if these are total noob questions, but I am new to this iPhone thing and you all seem to know your stuff. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by topperburgess View Post
    Hello! I'm new here, so please forgive me if I am asking repetitive questions (although, I did spend two days browsing the forums and trying to find answers on my own).

I just bought a first generation iPhone with 2.0. I know that everyone is in the dark about when the new pwnage tool is coming out, BUT would you suggest that I downgrade to the previous version or just wait for the new tool? And one more question: when the tool is released, is it a fairly easy process to go through to unlock my phone for use with a T-Mobile sim card? Or do I need some extra-technical skills? Again, sorry if these are total noob questions, but I am new to this iPhone thing and you all seem to know your stuff. Thanks!
    It should be a rather easy process that anyone should be able to do. I would wait for a little while seeing as if the new tool comes out, you don't have to go through all of the trouble of downgrading.
    Last edited by WanderingAi; 2008-07-17 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Removed answer to a question, response was irrelevant.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WanderingAi For This Useful Post:

topperburgess (2008-07-18)

Someone should try to load 2.0 and make a video of it, I really want to see if It gets GSM unlocked so I can use mine on rogers
    Iphone 16gb; on ROGERS
    Windows xp

YES, it is possible to unlock the 2.0 baseband on a first gen device currently w/o the new Pwnage release.

The problem is there isn't currently a way to activate/jailbreak the 2.0 firmware w/o the new pwnage release, so all you'd be able to do with your unlocked 2.0 first gen device is make emergency calls.

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicbryan View Post
    Can we load the ispw into pwnage and create a custom restore with the unlock box checked?

What would happen when alt+restore is done to load that firmware onto the iphone?

Didn't that work with all the beta versions of 2.0?

Would testing it hurt? I could just alt+restore back to my custom 1.1.4 firmware right?

Some people are saying that when you load the 2.0 firmware, its permanent. What does that mean?
    do you know how to Downgrade to 114 from iTunes 7.7. The issue I'm having is I have a 1st generation I phone which I unlocked and jailbroke. I updated to 2.0 when it came out as well a upgraded to itunes 7.7. When it restored it locked my phone back. I tried to downgrade iTunes to 7.5 so I could downgrade to 114. The issue is that when I tried to sync my iPhone to iTunes it gives me a error message saying I have to install 7.7 back on so I can link again. Can you give me any help at all to get my phone back to unlock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12