Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is it safe to update to 2.0 after...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default Is it safe to update to 2.0 after...
    pwning the phone with winpwn and unlocking it?
    Considering that I'm not planning to unlock it again after I upgrade. Will it brick?

Thanks!

Thanks

Should be safe, the only bricks from before were due to the way the phones were being unlocked.

At this point you need to do one of a few things:
    -Check the definition of 'brick'
    -Rephrase your question to take into consideration what WILL happen should you update when the release comes out.

I don't answer here because as far as I know I have already answered your question and you already know the answer the the two points I have made.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

you could possiably (sp) brick it if you were to go from jail broke/unlocked to the update. what i would do first is put it into retore mode and restore back to original 1.1.4 then upgrade. that is a for sure cant lose situation.

do you need it to be unlocked or did you just do it for the heck of it? if you need it to be unlocked then you will have to wait a few days and let the dev team sort it out. there is no way that i know of to update and stay unlocked unless you use pawnage and build a custom frimware then update. if you just regular update without restoreing first im pretty sure you will brick it
    Last edited by bftiedt; 2008-07-09 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Oh, no... I\m on a vacation in Israel and I unlocked the iPhone for my cousin, just for the heck of it, for him to use it on Cellcom... but it doesnt matter anymore cuz im selling it tomorrow for 1600 shekels or $500 and im happy cuz ill be able to buy the 3G+pay off the extra 10 bucks a month for the 3g speed.. :] thanks a lot though

Thanks

My previous comment applies to bftiedt as well, look up the definition of brick.

For a device to be in a state of irrepair (UNREPAIRABLE. not "doesn't work until you try more things".)