Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Noob Alert

Default Noob Alert
    Hi everyone /Wave

Iím new to the iphone moding world so go easy on me.

Iíve been reading the forum and there are some very good posts and a lot about Winpwn which im thinking of using but I have a few questions.

How easy is it to use?

Will it brick my phone when Apple release official Iphone updates Ė like 2.0 instead of 1.4?

If at some point I decide I donít want my phone mod or the phone starts playing up is there a way I can go to factory settings - if so how do I do it?

What the worst thing that can happen to my phone and the % chance of it happening?

Will Winpwn come with all the funky apps or will I have to dl and install them separately Ė if so Is there a site??

Anything else that I should take into consideration?

Sorry for being such a noob but we all got to start somewhere and I donít want to mess up my phone!

Thanks

Ease of use....erm...not for the total noob. Use iLiberty or iDemocracy 3 to jailbreak your phone.

It won't brick your phone when Apple release updates, you just lose apps and settings after you restore to later updates.

If something goes wrong, a restore in iTunes will fix it most of the time unless it's a serious problem

The worst thing that can happen to your phone is bad bootloader which means total brick. very small chance. Second to that is a broken WiFi, and the chance of that happening varies with what you use to jailbreak.

You install an app called "Installer" or "Cydia" during jailbreaking, and you get your funky apps from there.

Be careful about the stuff you use to deal with your phone. Don't follow the crowd. Weigh the advantages and disadvantages and look for opinions on software before you install/use it. If something has a lot of negative comments or has a massive argument over it, don't touch it.
    Follow the advice and prosper, young one.