Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safe to go from PWN to 2.0?

Default Safe to go from WINPWN to 2.0?
    Winpwnd 1.14 and working well, have also installed Cydia which moved Apps folder and had moved fonts and ? with boss tool.

Will simple restore be enough before upgrading to 2.0? or should I do anything special?

I thought that Winpwn mentioned that it might even be safe to simply upgrade a winpwnd iPhone directy to 2.0?......or am I dreaming?
    Last edited by intangbl; 2008-06-13 at 05:15 AM.

Wow......no one?

I can't believe I am the only person that has this question?

i dont think you will be able to simply upgrade to 2.0 though iTunes
    Custom 2.0 firmware will have to be created and used to upgrade to 2.0
    Thats my understanding of it

Thanks

i also want to know what were gonna have to do once 2.0 comes out, or when and if they release another beta before the july 11th launch of 3g.

Well I am expecting the worst ...... I am pretty sure Apple reads this forum and will break any kind of Jailbreak if they can with 2.0 ..... I am just not sure if it's going to be "Bricking" time again or not.

I guess the best option will be to go ahead and restore before upgrading to 2.0 and wait and see what happens with Winpwn update wise. Really the only apps I am seriously going to miss will be Rubooks and Textreader. I am pretty sure all the apps in the App store will be very polished.

C'mon people, it was released today. Wait a few days for the new version of Pwnage.

Well, now that 2.0 is out and i'm using a official Mobistar (belgium) sim could i not just upgrade without unlock??

SIMPLE ANSWER:

I left my phone alone (pwned on mac) and upgraded to 2.0 on itunes with no problems.

BUT, I am on AT&T. if you're unlocked and using another carrier, you WILL brick your phone.

This is all.