Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No service after winpwn...sometimes

Default No service after winpwn...sometimes
    I used winpwn to install 1.1.4 and jailbreak it on my 8gb iphone, and sometimes when I turn my phone on it will never pick up service. Usually, I just have to restart, but sometimes it takes 2-3 restarts. What is going on? Did I do something wrong when I created the custom firmware?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I suggest doing a restore.. then unlock/jailbreak with iLibery... and then if you just want the custom boot logos PWN your phone with Winpwn (just use the boot logo button). I know it works b/c that's how I have mine set up.

Service is all related to your baseband. Your other option is to try to use bootneuter to reflash your baseband first.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-06-05 at 05:54 AM.

I had a similar problem and using iLiberty seems to have fix the problem.

My only question about iLiberty is which options should I choose under the Standard and advanced tabs regarding the Bootloader? I don't know what the real difference is between BL3.9 and BL4.6.

There are all of these options that are available to check to be included in the payload:
    1. Downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9FB
    2. Unloack 03.14.18_G - 04.04.05_G
    3. Upgrade bootloader from 3.9FB to 4.6(stock)
    4. BootNeuter

Which do I want and why? Thanks!

I'm an AT&T customer, so I don't want to bother unlocking or anything, I just want to be able to install third party apps. I used Zi-phone previously, so I have run bootneuter since then to fix the damage doner by Zi-phone. So should I just restore using the official firmware through iTunes and then download iLiberty? I don't want custom boot images so should I skip Winpwn altogether?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by br8thw8 View Post
    I had a similar problem and using iLiberty seems to have fix the problem.

My only question about iLiberty is which options should I choose under the Standard and advanced tabs regarding the Bootloader? I don't know what the real difference is between BL3.9 and BL4.6.

There are all of these options that are available to check to be included in the payload:
    1. Downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9FB
    2. Unloack 03.14.18_G - 04.04.05_G
    3. Upgrade bootloader from 3.9FB to 4.6(stock)
    4. BootNeuter

Which do I want and why? Thanks!
    You want to downgrade and unlock with 3.9FB. This makes it to where your phone's "Locate Me" feature will be functional in Maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosbaughcr View Post
    I'm an AT&T customer, so I don't want to bother unlocking or anything, I just want to be able to install third party apps. I used Zi-phone previously, so I have run bootneuter since then to fix the damage doner by Zi-phone. So should I just restore using the official firmware through iTunes and then download iLiberty? I don't want custom boot images so should I skip Winpwn altogether?
    Plug into iTunes and hit RESTORE. Download and install iLiberty and jailbreak with that instead. Don't worry about winpwn at all.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 2008-06-05 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

br8thw8 (2008-06-06), Rosbaughcr (2008-06-10)

I restored and used iLiberty and everything looks ok. Thanks.

Ok, I was wrong...

After now using iLiberty, I still have the same problem. I installed bootneuter to check which baseband I have, and I'm at 4.6. The only options I checked in iLiberty were Jailbreak and Installer. I have AT&T service.

Am I the only person that has this problem? Should I send my phone in under warranty?