Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WinPwn released!!

Thanks

Default WinPwn released!!
    Yay The the first real release of winpwn is finally out!!!

Main Page - WinPwn its on the homepage
    EDM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeal For This Useful Post:

stefan8661 (2008-05-20)

Thanks

hmmm! yayz?!

If I ever helped you or made a comment you like, press the "thanks" button!
    320GB HD 4GB RAM 2.2GHz Macbook
    500GB HD 4GB RAM 2.6GHz Macbook Pro

I have a question about winpwn... if I want cydia to be added to my custom firmware I create with winpwn will the apps, ringtones, and fonts be moved and symlinked in my custom firmware from the beginning? If not will cydia ever do it for me or will it not do that since it wasn't installed through the installer?

Thanks

The question I have with this,is that it supposedly will change the custom boot logo without restore. Does this mean that it will do that without even reloading the firmware, of does one still need to reload the firmware as an update. My iPhone has been working flawlwssly and is modded to my perfection, Evven with the ability to reinstall apps with the custom firmware, there are still a mess of tewaks I'll need to do manually. (Old customize)

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

bhz1: In order to get the custom boot images, you'll need to do a restore to that new fw, those images are packed with it. You could just build your custom fw, use iappcat[dot]com to create your own source for more apps to use that don't need to be with your fw and than, once you have everything that you have now, just do a restore.

I personally recommend just waiting till that time comes when your ipod gets itself into a spinning wheel of death or something else like that before you fix something that isn't broken.

JTiK: If you pack cydia into the fw, it will make the same changes as would have been made when you installed it through installer. I guess you could just look at it as installing the program by different means.

edit: your in luck bhz1, looks like the developer of winpwn made a few changes, here they are:

- Completely rewritten installer app that adds support for nearly every package (Including Cydia)
    - You are now able to remove items from installer
    - Change logos without restoring. This was requested by a LOT of people
    - Various Bug fixes & features

(from the winpwn main page)
    Last edited by screamo; 2008-05-20 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added more information
    Please don't stop the music

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to screamo For This Useful Post:

JTik (2008-05-20), kadinh (2008-05-20)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

bhz1, if you are already pwned, you can change bootscreen and restore logos without restoring now. whata awesome feature. this alone is worth pwning for lol. i needa get with the program and update my firmware. jus not ready to lose my gorgeous 5icon dock
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by screamo View Post
    bhz1: In order to get the custom boot images, you'll need to do a restore to that new fw, those images are packed with it. You could just build your custom fw, use iappcat[dot]com to create your own source for more apps to use that don't need to be with your fw and than, once you have everything that you have now, just do a restore.

I personally recommend just waiting till that time comes when your ipod gets itself into a spinning wheel of death or something else like that before you fix something that isn't broken.

JTiK: If you pack cydia into the fw, it will make the same changes as would have been made when you installed it through installer. I guess you could just look at it as installing the program by different means.

edit: your in luck bhz1, looks like the developer of winpwn made a few changes, here they are:

- Completely rewritten installer app that adds support for nearly every package (Including Cydia)
    - You are now able to remove items from installer
    - Change logos without restoring. This was requested by a LOT of people
    - Various Bug fixes & features

(from the winpwn main page)

Very helpful... I assume that since you can remove items from installer, updates for programs will also come up in the installer?

Thanks

bhz1, if you are already pwned, you can change bootscreen and restore logos without restoring now. whata awesome feature. this alone is worth pwning for lol. i needa get with the program and update my firmware. jus not ready to lose my gorgeous 5icon dock
    yeah, I'm Pwned already. i was fooling around in teh GUi and got nervous. even though i have a custom firmware put together, I wasn't sure whether it would do the logos entirely separate from the custom firmware or not. Guess when I have an hour or so to play around to re customize my phone just in case I'll try it.

Thanks

Im scared to use it.. It seesm to technnical and easy to mess up
    EDM

iPhone? More like MyPhone compton,Tx's Avatar
    Thanks

Weren't you just pissing on yourself cause this hadn't come out yet? What did you expect? Seriously, you should try a chat room or the local boys and girls club, cause your posts are getting old.

Thanks

Good One....? I dont understand how to use it...... The videos made it look easy.....

Please Flame me more i LOVE when people flame me over the internet its funny.
    EDM

fantastic app,,,
    i have use the boot logo a dozen times just changing boot logos for the fun of it,,,,works like a charm without restoring,,,,,THANKS
    SkiHound ,,, Loves his Iphone,

15. The Following User Says Thank You to skihound For This Useful Post:

bhz1 (2008-05-21)

Quote Originally Posted by skihound View Post
    fantastic app,,,
    i have use the boot logo a dozen times just changing boot logos for the fun of it,,,,works like a charm without restoring,,,,,THANKS
    Man... How did you do it?... i'm new new to WinPwn, i never do Pwnage b4.. I wanna change the boot logoand the restore logo without restoring, so basically i just installed WinPwn 1.0, then i chose CUSTOM LOGO, and i clicked on BOOT LOGO, i selected the image and clicked ok, but and error message shows up saying "failed to convert logo to device format! A generic error occurred in GDI+." But i have no idea what it is... Eventhough i clicked on SEARCH ONLINE, the page is blank... Can help?