Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage on existing AT&T SIM

Default Pwnage on existing AT&T SIM
    Hey there, I just sent my iPhone in for warranty service and they replaced it, even though it wasn't activated (amazing!).

My new one should be here tomorrow, and I want to know how to use the pwnage tool to get it working. When 1.1.4 first came out, I used iNdependence (I'm on a mac) to unlock, since that downgraded the baseband to a point where it would work with an existing AT&T non-iphone plan. I don't know why the later basebands don't work with these, but I digress.

What options do I need to select in the pwnage tool to get my phone to a working state? I know I need to select Activate but someone told me to do Jailbreak as well, which as far as I've seen isn't an option (just activate and the baseband update).

What will I need to do with the Pwnage tool to ensure that I have a working iPhone tomorrow night?

Here's what I was told by someone else yesterday:
    in Pwnage, select Activate and Jailbreak. Then, you can install Bootneuter from Installer, and downgrade your bootloader
    then, select 3.9, Neuter On, FakeBlank off, and Unlock On

I understand the Activate, but Jailbreak isn't an option (and I'm assuming it's done no matter what), and I don't know why I would install Bootneuter from Installer and not Pwnage. Thanks for clearing it up?

theres no difference. and you dont have to downgrade your bootloader to 3.9. actually, i would suggest that you keep your 4.6 bootloader because downgrading it technically voids the warranty.
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

So could you explain the steps I need to use? That would be awesome. I don't really want to use iNdependence again...

use pwnage and unlock it
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

at the very top of this page you'll find a link to the guides... and in there, you should find the guide to help you with pwntool.

The guides are great, but almost no guides anywhere online are directed at people like me, who have AT&T but not an iPhone plan. Most seem to be directed at unlockers or people with iPhone plans.

This is why I'm asking. If I could have used a straight guide, this thread wouldn't exist.

Never mind, it's fine. Thanks for your help guys (sort of).
    Last edited by karl.ev; 2008-05-12 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost