Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Warranty Questions for 1.1.4 (can i virginize after iLiberty and pwnage?)

Default Warranty Questions for 1.1.4 (can i virginize after iLiberty and pwnage?)
    Ok well actually my end goal is to jailbreak, activate and unlock the phone without voiding my warranty. I've heard that Ziphone sux cuz it messes with ur baseband. BTW I just got it on Fri, so it has 1.1.4 or 04.04.05_G modem firmware. Anyways i heard the dev team has the best tool but it's only for mac, although they r working on it for windows but not out yet. And i've heard that iLiberty+ has the option to downgrade your baseband to 3.9FB, thus not hurting ur phone stuff permanently.

K finally, my question is that if i use iLiberty+ and then downgrade bootloader from 4.6 to 3.9FB then what happens. It probably works but let's say i have problem in future and i want to restore my phone to its original state how i got it. What do i do? Do i have to payload Upgrade bootloader 3.9FB to 4.6(stock) and then use itunes to restore original 4.6 file? I mean i want to be able to virginize my phone if i have any problems. So how do i erase everything after using iLiberty+ and then get it back to its original state of how i got it OTB meaning that connect to itunes pic pops up on phone.

Another question, my goal is to use the dev team's pwnage tool to custom make my firmware so if i have problem with anything i can just use apple firmware and then restore to it. So can i use iLiberty+ and then virginize my phone and use dev team's pwnage for win whenever it comes out, keeping in mind that after pwning i can still virginize my phone if needed.

Damn lot of stuff but hope if someone could help. I just want to see if after using iliberty+ and pwnage i can still virginize. If i'm able to do that then i want to do that and then it's all cool.

To summarize the question it's like this:

Can i use iLiberty+ and then virginize?
    Can i use pwnage and then virginize?
    Would the warranty be valid if i virginize after using above two tools?
    And if i am able to virginize using the two tools then can someone tell me how am i able to virginize, step by step instructions?

And possibly could someone provide me the link to download 4.6 FM from apple's site in case i need to restore and virginize back to it.

Thank You All

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do some searching and reading here first. There is a wealth of information and tutorials on this forum.

To answer your questions in a nutshell. You can do anything you want and phone will be reversible back to factory fresh. Read thoroughly on winpwn.

mate i'm quite sure that many ppl said ziphone u can't do factory fresh. and winpwn the problem with that is that u can't custom make ur fm, winpwn lets u pwn it and then u need the custom file made in mac so winpwn is no help.

Quote Originally Posted by bdke123 View Post
    mate i'm quite sure that many ppl said ziphone u can't do factory fresh. and winpwn the problem with that is that u can't custom make ur fm, winpwn lets u pwn it and then u need the custom file made in mac so winpwn is no help.
    not entirely true about winpwn...the ipswtool lets you make a custom firmware with installer & such (but the customization of the ipsw is incredibly limited compared to mac's pwnagetool).

Green Apple
    Thanks

Again don't "listen" to people.
    Winpwn works great. You can pwn your phone with it, then build a custom 1.1.4 with it and it will be automatically jailbroken. If you need it unlocked you install bootneuter and run that. Best of all...this is all reversible with a restore.

Edit: With winpwn you will have to either bootneuter or replace lockdownd file(legit AT&T only) for service.
    Last edited by GoIrish; 2008-04-28 at 12:42 AM.

i got AT&T but not the data plan, gonna use bossprefs for that to disable edge and btw ssh is ur service rite? cuz there's ssh on/off option on bossprefs....anyways to the point which one is better bootneuter or replacing the lockdowned file? i'm on AT&T. And for bootneuter setting for me would be like version 4.6, fb on, neuter on and unlock on rite? btw never heard of lockdowned file can u refer me to a thread i tried serching but something bout 1.1.1 or so popped up when i searched for lockdownd and finally makin sure that if i wanna restore fresh to factory i just restore my original fm file from apple rite? no need to mess with uninstalling installer bootloader and etc...?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok here is the steps that I took and my phone works perfectly. Remember that winpwn is a beta release. Your mileage may vary.

1. I DFU restored to 1.1.4. I like to start fresh seems to yield the best results in my trials of just about every program.

2. I used winpwn to pwn my phone.

3. I built a custom 1.1.4 firmware with nothing checked but the baseband update.

4. I then restored that firmware to my phone using iTunes.

5. Phone was jailbroken with no service. Connected wifi and installed BSD subsystem and OpenSSH.

6. I installed Bootneuter, ran it and only checked neuter and unlock.

7. Restarted phone and had a fully functional jailbroken, activated and jailbroken iPhone.

8. Installed everything I wanted to.

9. Wanted to test out the lockdownd file method so I ran bootneuter again and unchecked everything.

10. Restarted phone and it was still activated and jailbroken but no service.

11. Used winscp to ssh into the phone and replaced the lockdownd file with the original lockdownd file. Set permissions of the file to 0755.

12. Restarted phone and when I connected it to iTunes it activated as I expected.

I clicked iPwner and then clicked ISPW builder to create the custom firmware now when i go to itunes it tells me to activate the phone meaning i can't go and restore the custom firmware. Anyway to work around that.

K philips told me that i need to replace a file. If you can't get a signal after you restore to your custom firmware, or iTunes tells you that you need to activate the phone (this happened to me on AT&T), you need to replace the /usr/libexec/lockdownd file with the original one. Here's my original lockdownd from 1.1.4:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hvqext

Then, reboot your phone after replacing the lockdownd file, and in a couple seconds a prompt should pop up that says "iPhone is activated" and you'll get your phone service back and everything should work fine...Hope this helps.

But the question is how do i replace the lockdownd file. Plus how can i access itunes becasue it says i need to activate it because i need to access itunes in order to restore the custom file from winpwn.

DUDE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Last edited by bdke123; 2008-04-28 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost