Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: no service after using winpwn

Default no service after using winpwn
    I used winpwn and pwned the phone and it rebooted but there wasnt any pineapples like there should have been instead of an apple logo on the screen. Then I built a custom firmware and restored the phone with it through itunes and when it rebooted, there is no service, no at&t logo and no bars and no edge. Whats up with that? What did I do wrong?

You need to bootnueter and unlock it.

I don't really need the phone unlocked I just want it jailbroken. Also winpwn doesn't give you an option to bootneuter. How do I do it and what exactly is bootneuter and how safe is it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

You can ssh and replace the lockdownd file in usr/libexec/ with the original 1.1.4 lockdownd file. Reboot phone. Connect to iTunes and it will activate it for you. Winpwn seems to activate the firmware whether you check the box or not.

edit: Oh yeah forgot you MUST set permissions of the new lockdownd file to 0755 or it will not work.

http://rapid$hare.com/files/108537986/114_lockdownd_original.zip.html (copy and paste in browser and replace the $ with an s. works 100%
    Last edited by GoIrish; 2008-04-26 at 02:59 PM.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GoIrish For This Useful Post:

apwtwenty (2008-05-19), Imahottguy (2008-05-21), javilo (2008-08-25), jrdan24 (2008-04-28), SplitFire (2008-05-10)

its activated I gust can't make calls and I don't have edge. I do have installer. Can I go into installer and download bootneuter and neuter the boot loader? Will that givens service?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes it's activated because winpwn did that to your custom firmware. You can install Bootneuter through either Installer or Cydia. Check which bootloader you want, check neuter bootloader and also unlock. I didn't want my phone unlocked so I chose the lockdownd file method. Either way will get you service and edge.

Thanks man, that worked for me. So if I wanted to build a new ipsw file through winpwn, would I have to do anything special to the phone before puttinig the new firmware on it since i did that lockdownd with ssh? Also would I have to ssh everytime I put new firmware on it?

after going to winscp and doing the lockdownd replace and setting the permissions to 0755, I cant ssh into the phone anymore, it gives me an error message saying the connection was refused. Any idea why?
    Last edited by blkmax; 2008-04-26 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

Do you have some type of services app installed? I prefer bossprefs myself seems to work great. Anyhows sounds like SSH is turned off on the phone side. Make sure SSH is turned on by using a services app. I'm sure this at&t only bug will be worked out, remember it is only a beta release.
    Last edited by GoIrish; 2008-04-26 at 11:53 PM.