Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool Help

Hi, e-strokes! I did check all the relevant boxes as I want to use the iPhone on another carrier's SIM card as I'm in Australia and we don't have ATT here.

Every time I go to the section of instructions, which i followed very closely, where i am supposed to option click on restore it keeps telling me i have to install a supported SIM card (i.e. ATT) before i can go any further. In other words I cant get to the section when i want to upload the custom restore software. Obviously the people that wrote the instructions for PWNage have not thought of every outcome of their software. I got everything ready that i needed before i started the process and there was no mention of having the supported SIM card installed. If they had mentioned in the prep instructions I would have got that before starting. NOT IMPRESSED!

And now the PWNage tool wont let me restore the phone using the usual sleep and home buttons. I am frozen on the pineapple. I am going to get my hands on an ATT SIM card as soon as i can and see if i can continue. Unless anyone can tell me how to bypass the need for it.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by euromikeym View Post
    Hi, e-strokes! I did check all the relevant boxes as I want to use the iPhone on another carrier's SIM card as I'm in Australia and we don't have ATT here.

Every time I go to the section of instructions, which i followed very closely, where i am supposed to option click on restore it keeps telling me i have to install a supported SIM card (i.e. ATT) before i can go any further. In other words I cant get to the section when i want to upload the custom restore software. Obviously the people that wrote the instructions for PWNage have not thought of every outcome of their software. I got everything ready that i needed before i started the process and there was no mention of having the supported SIM card installed. If they had mentioned in the prep instructions I would have got that before starting. NOT IMPRESSED!

And now the PWNage tool wont let me restore the phone using the usual sleep and home buttons. I am frozen on the pineapple. I am going to get my hands on an ATT SIM card as soon as i can and see if i can continue. Unless anyone can tell me how to bypass the need for it.
    You do know that it's not Pwnage tool that's doing it but it's iTunes, right? And that it will do the same no matter which firmware you want to restore.

Oh and to bypass it, you just have to put the AT&T SIM card in and change the SIM after you're done.

Tricky, right?......
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3

Well its tricky if you cant read and have to resort to sneering!!!

iTunes doesn't
    do the same no matter what firmware you want to restore.
    I have previously restored this actual iphone in iTunes WITHOUT an ATT sim card a number of times. iTunes never argued about a non ATT sim card then.

The only difference now is that I have started the PWNAGE process, (with the pineapple now showing instead of the apple) and am getting this thrown up in iTunes, everytime i want to go to restore the customized firmware, I had also just made in the first part of the PWNAGE process.

I've never needed the ATT sim card the whole time i have used this iphone. Do you get it or is too tricky for you......?

It's only since now i have started to PWN my iphone that iTunes is now saying i need the ATT.

Can anyone please offer me some productive helpful comments (other than telling me to get the ATT sim card, which I am organising now, anyway) to perhaps guide me around the sim card issue in iTunes, bearing in mind that this is following the PWNage guidelines.

Does anyone from the Development Team respond to these posts? After all, am I right in believing that they created this software.

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, my iTunes did the same thing anyway.

Try not putting any SIM Card at all

Or maybe it is because of your iTunes, try the version 7.5 if you have a newer one (you can get v7.5 from Old Version for Mac Downloads - OldApps.com) I have that version and I don't have any problems with it.
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3

Have a look at this guide iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock Your iPhone With WinPwn [Updated] I used it to pwn my phone & it worked a treat.

Dave

iPhone? More like MyPhone Teh H4RrY's Avatar
    Thanks

This may not be the right place but: How do i uninstall boot neuter from my phone once i am done using it? I dont want the unsightly icon on there anymore. Please reply

EDIT apologizes for wasting your time i got rid of it
    Last edited by Teh H4RrY; 2008-07-25 at 06:00 PM.

Everytime you block a Developer's Ads...God kills a kitten...Change the "Hosts" file...Think of the kittens!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123