Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Tool Help

Hi I`m having a little trouble pwning, I followed the excellent tutorial you`ve put the URL on here. I`m on the latest iTunes 7.6.2 and had no problems with page 1 and page 2 but when I get to page 3 of the guide.

Browse to the custom .ipsw we created on page two. Select it and then select OK.

ITunes doesnt allow me to select my custom.ipsw but I think instead it uses the original as afterwards the pineapple has gone.

I have saved the custom.ipsw in a different folder on my desktop.

Do you think this is due to iTunes 7.6.2 not allowing this, BTW I did restore to 1.1.4 before using pwner.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by milocoon View Post
    Hi I`m having a little trouble pwning, I followed the excellent tutorial you`ve put the URL on here. I`m on the latest iTunes 7.6.2 and had no problems with page 1 and page 2 but when I get to page 3 of the guide.

Browse to the custom .ipsw we created on page two. Select it and then select OK.

ITunes doesnt allow me to select my custom.ipsw but I think instead it uses the original as afterwards the pineapple has gone.

I have saved the custom.ipsw in a different folder on my desktop.

Do you think this is due to iTunes 7.6.2 not allowing this, BTW I did restore to 1.1.4 before using pwner.

Thanks
    To select the desired .ipsw, you must push Restore on iTunes while you are pressing Option (Mac) or Shift (Windows).

(sorry for my siouxglish) ;-)

Ok so I want to jailbreak my phone with pwn, what all do I want to click in the window (bootneuter, activate, unlock...etc.) I know I don't want to click the bootneuter and and all but do I click the activation and the custom pics? If anyone can help me out thanks, I want to pwn my phone soon and install apps.

Could someone help give me information about the jailbreak options on pwnage? If I only want to jailbreak do I click the activate click or not?
    Last edited by e_stokes; 2008-04-29 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So I am still in question about what to click on the pwnage tool? So do I click the activation box or what should I click to do a jailbreak only? Someone please let me know. thanks

Ok thanks Yul, that helped me out but I only click the activation box if I unlock the phone right? If I don't click anything then I can install third party apps still right? Thanks Yul.

so this software is only available on Mac? I'm running windows.

There's a windows version now. So can anyone help me out? I don't click the activate box if I am not unlocking my phone right?

I have told you more than one week ago:

Hackint0sh > iPhone > PwnageTool
    [PwnageTool] FAQ and How To Guide

Can I just jailbreak ONLY?
    Yes - don't tick any boxes on the firmware options and it will ONLY jailbreak your phone.

Capitalizing: YES - DON'T TICK ANY BOXES...

What's the part that you don't understand?

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

hahahahahaha
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3

Ok well this is the first time in hours I've checked the forum and I tried to jailbreak with pwn, but when I plug in and browse .ipsw it does find any, what do I do or what's wrong?

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

(banging his head repeatedly to the keyboard)
    For everytime I had a penny when I said "Use the goddamned search button instead of opening a new thread", I would've made Bill Gates my maid.

Proud owner of an iPhone of which I erased the bootloader one time and the baseband many times just for fun, had the endless reboot cycle like 5 freakin' times and now doesn't work with firmwares lower than 1.1.3

Sorry I mean the pwn tool doesn't find a .ipsw that I can restore off of to do the jailbreak, where would the file be or what can I do, I've checked the FAQ and didn't see anything, any suggestions? Thanks, and about my previous posts I'm new and just wanted to make sure that I didn't have to click the activation box and all, or what to click in custom packages to use third party apps, but thanks everyone for your patience...

Look at the Downloads section of this forum: Downloads/Firmware/iPhone 1.1.4 Firmware

Be sure that you download this firmware and not the IPod Touch FW or another version.

(uf)

;-)

Ok I downloaded the fireware, but I'm already running 1.1.4 FW so do I still need this? I'm guessing its for the restore .ipsw? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by e_stokes View Post
    Ok I downloaded the fireware, but I'm already running 1.1.4 FW so do I still need this? I'm guessing its for the restore .ipsw? Thanks
    Yes, you will need the 1.1.4 restore firmware to pwn. There are many helpful guides to help you along the way.

Yeah thanks I have a guide I just thought I only needed to have the 1.1.4 FW, didn't know I had to download that file. Thanks, I'm going to try and pwn my phone now.

Help!! I pwned my phone and now I don't have any service, it just shows the bar line and nothing else. Can someone help me out please!!

Ok nevermind, I figured out what I did wrong. Thanks to everyone who helped me out with this thread! I greatly appreciate it!
    Last edited by e_stokes; 2008-05-02 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

First begin telling us EXACTLY what have you do with Pwnage.

Hi I have just used PWNAGE tool on my 1.1.4 phone . The tool worked fine but when i connect to itunes it keeps asking for the correct SIM card to be installed before going to restores software options. It did not say this would happen in the instructions. Did the instructions assume you would have an ATT sim card already in your phone? Please help.

Well are you using a different SIM card? I am using ATT an when I pwned my phone I forgot to uncheck the activate box and I lost cell service until I pwned it again and unchecked the activate box. If you are using a different SIM then I would make sure that I checked the unlock & activate boxes. I never had a problem with the pwnage tool, just messed up cause I was kind of excited and in a rush Also try using the ATT SIM and then switch it with the one you want to use I guess??? Please post more info.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast