Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using Pwnage from a ZiPhone unlock

Default Using Pwnage from a ZiPhone unlock
    So I have a few questions before Pwning my phone. I've tried searching threads and forums, but really did not get a direct answer. My question is, if one unlocked and updated via ZiPhone. I've installed a lot of tweaks and apps and have backed up via itunes. If i ran PWNAGE on my iphone, and then updated, unlocked to 1.1.4 custom firmware, will i be able to restore settings / contacts, pcitures, photos via itunes? Meaning iTunes will ask me to restore my settings, will it also install the apps / tweaks that i installed prior to Pwning the phone? Unsure if that sounded right but can anyone let me know if they had to set up their iphone as a new iphone and install all third party apps / tmobile tweaks and etc.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

From what I have been reading it would appear that you can, pwnage is edging on hacking into your itues software so you can restore to an ipsw you have unlocked and saved through itues itself, so with this in mind I would not have thought there would be any backup/restore problems!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

when backing up from an itunes back up after you've restored and rejailbroke, it only restores your contacts, calendar events, sms, etc. not your third party applications/tweaks