Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage Problem... really wanted to avoid this post...

Default Pwnage Problem... really wanted to avoid this post...
    okay so here is what my plan was. got a hold of the new beta version for the iphone and tried uploading it to the phone, all went well using the pwnage tool but then it went to the ATT screen telling me that my phone is not registered as a developer device so I figured meh waste take it off and wait till its released and thats when the problems started. tried going back on 1.1.4 and didn't work. been playing around with this for a day went to bed and figured attack it tomorrow. So today I tried fixing this issue and nothing has been working so far... literally I think I have had all Errors that itunes could possibly pop up with:

is what I have gotten so far. so i ended up somehow restoring tit o the OEM 1.1.4 stage. and got the 1015 error in itunes and the itunes'n'cable on the iphone screen --> removed ipod and cable and connected to windows and used ibricker --> screen turned to itunes with cable and now the slider --> connect to itunes phone is in standard mode of 1.1.4 --> itunes restores iphone from backup --> followed instructions for PWNAGE TOOL --> but after the first step I get the "mountdisk0S1 failed" error...

since then I have been trying to get this thing fixed with a ipsw from the pwnage builder and that didn't work either.

personally I think I messed up somewhere yesterday and ruined the boatloader sequence or even version by using one of the unlock tools. Out of desperation I used iLiberty+, ZiPhone, independance (which gives me: unsupported version of the phone firmware installed. detected version is 1.1.4 - also re-downloaded the 1.1.4 and tried that and didnt work). Wired part is that its never been an issue before. I also tried going through itunes versions 7.3.2 and 7.4 but neither one solved the problem. switching USB ports and trying with and without the sim did not solve the problem in any way.

Right now the phone is in 1.1.4 in the standard version. I want to jailbreak it. but nothing so far has worked. As stated before I have gone through three different ways, pwnage, then ziphone and lastly independence and none have brought me to that point :/ Even right now, phone being in 1.1.4 normal mode Independence does not accept it or will not jailbreak it.

One thing that so far has been strange on my end is that when putting the phone into DFU mode, itunes will show the orange triangle, but the phone will not it will only show itunes with cable. no idea if thats due to the update of 1.20 or not...

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When you tried to use ziphone and iLiberty what happened exactly? Did the programs give you specific error messages.... details.

You will need to install the baseband eraser from installer. The problem is when you upgraded to the new 2.0 firmware, it also upgraded the baseband. The baseband will not downgrade in itunes. So basically you will need to get the phone jailbroken first.

I would recommend doing another restore to 1.1.4 in itunes. Then use either ziphone or iliberty+ to jailbreak it. Then, add the installer source: http://installer.iclarified.com, and install the baseband eraser. Then, do one more fresh restore in itunes and you should be back to a completely stock 1.1.4. Then, jailbreak/pwn as you wish.

If you pwn it then you can just bootneuter the baseband in 1.1.4.

JedixJarf - for that to work I would have to pawn the phone and that is not working... it ends up with the failed to mount disk1s0 error

wineguy - Since I was thinking that that was the problem I am going to continue with your plan of action. Only problem is that anything from iClarified seems to be giving me this Error - Main script execution failed! not only for that one but for several other Apps offered by iClarified. Ill see if I can figure that out unless someone has a suggestion!

SirDude

so now that the phone is working again I am only left with one problem. Now the phone does not seem to be able to distinguish between headphones or no headphones.. So the speakerphone but through the regular piece nothing gets through! Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Try a Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings. Usually fixes sound issues.

nope that didn't solve it. I am thinking its a mechanical issue in the phone itself. the phone just doesn't recognize it when there is and when there is not headphone in the jack. guess its time to virginize this thing and bring it back or just wait till june when the 3G comes out