Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: pwnage tool vs itunes..

Default pwnage tool vs itunes..
    well i have post before but no answer.. so im asking for the community help... first of all i did all the steps of the pwange tool then when you close it and open the ituns it is normal but the problem is that in the instructions says that you have to hold and press restor so the browser window pop out... my problem is that i do every thing but when i try to do the restoring part on itunes.. it doesn't let me choose the file that i create on the pwange tool...

now the pineapple is on my screen and the cartoon of stve jobs is on my recovery mode the problem is that the bootloader doesn't appear and my mac do not recognize my iphone on itunes..

what can i do community.. help
    loving the mac life.

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

option-click (or ctrl-click on windows)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.

Shift + Click the Restore button on Itunes(for Windows)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

put the phone back into recovery mode, if it isn't in recovery mode, then

pc: ctrl + restore, choose file
    mac: option + restore, choose file

if in the process of figuring out, you had restored with a stock 1.1.4, you will need to pwn your phone again to use the custom firmware

Quote Originally Posted by m_alexandro121 View Post
    well i have post before but no answer.. so im asking for the community help... first of all i did all the steps of the pwange tool then when you close it and open the ituns it is normal but the problem is that in the instructions says that you have to hold and press restor so the browser window pop out... my problem is that i do every thing but when i try to do the restoring part on itunes.. it doesn't let me choose the file that i create on the pwange tool...

now the pineapple is on my screen and the cartoon of stve jobs is on my recovery mode the problem is that the bootloader doesn't appear and my mac do not recognize my iphone on itunes..

what can i do community.. help
    Quote Originally Posted by desepticon View Post
    option-click (or ctrl-click on windows)
    Quote Originally Posted by a1vinn View Post
    Shift + Click the Restore button on Itunes(for Windows)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    put the phone back into recovery mode, if it isn't in recovery mode, then

pc: ctrl + restore, choose file
    mac: option + restore, choose file

if in the process of figuring out, you had restored with a stock 1.1.4, you will need to pwn your phone again to use the custom firmware

hye thanks a lot for the help ... i finaly did it but guess what..... another problem is bugging me .... when the itunes tries to load the pwnage file to the iphone it gives me a message ... error 1604... i have tried to serch this in other threats but haven't found an answer.. can some one help me?

other thing as i read on other threats it says that i could det this ting fix if i get the iphone on dfu mode... so i tried to do it via ziphone but nothing... i have try alot of thing to get it into dfu mode... does someone can help me.. i realy need your help... thanks
    loving the mac life.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by m_alexandro121 View Post
    hye thanks a lot for the help ... i finaly did it but guess what..... another problem is bugging me .... when the itunes tries to load the pwnage file to the iphone it gives me a message ... error 1604... i have tried to serch this in other threats but haven't found an answer.. can some one help me?

other thing as i read on other threats it says that i could det this ting fix if i get the iphone on dfu mode... so i tried to do it via ziphone but nothing... i have try alot of thing to get it into dfu mode... does someone can help me.. i realy need your help... thanks
    if you get that error, try a few more times and it will work
    http://modmyi.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=303541&dateline=12514  03473

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chase817 For This Useful Post:

m_alexandro121 (2008-04-19)