Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winpwn Has Been Released!

My iPhone is a Part of Me m3thodandr3d's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Winpwn Has Been Released!
    Check it out at "http://www.winpwn.com/index.php/Main_Page"

Congratulations on cmw getting hfsx support working on Windows and giving Windows users the ability to pwn their phones.

Quote from winpwn.com

"This is winpwn-0.99.1.8BETA. I have disabled 2.0+ support since it's still buggy. Hopefully with people beta testing i will get all the bugs worked out within a few days and you will get a final release including 2.0+ support. You WILL be able to flash custom ipsw's made with mac pwnage if you wish to upgrade to 2.0 and can't wait for final winpwn. For now i have also disabled most of the custom options including the applications (installer is still there) and the unlock base band features. Once i'm happy it's stable i will enable those features for testing. I will post a more detailed breakdown of how it works (YES THAT IS QEMU) and why i choose to use qemu. You will require the iTunesMobileDevice.dll and you will have to put it inside the winpwn program files dir. iBooter support has been disabled since i haven't tested it yet. So you are stuck with iTunes for beta release. NOTE: YOU MAY NEED TO USE REGULAR RECOVERY MODE MANUALLY IF WINPWN DOESNT DO IT ITSELF."

Download the beta version here or here
    Last edited by m3thodandr3d; 2008-04-17 at 03:24 AM.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you out

im glad i already did it with a mac but im glad that windows finally got the release

Thanks

me too

Its kinda released, but its a step in the right direction...

Thanks

Yeah, it seems to be just like ziphone or iLiberty at this point . Hopefully in a few days there will be a final release.

im gonna wait til its fully released to download it on my windows so i can have it on both systems mac & pc

For those of us that are very new to the IPhone scene - what exactly does this do?

Good news to see the windows version is hard at work

I unlocked 2 iphones 8gb and 16gb using this on my laptop, in fairness I have a 20gb Leopard sanctuary now on my laptop for when VISTA really p""""es me off lol