Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Difficulty with AT&T service after pwning

Default Difficulty with AT&T service after pwning
    I just pwned my 1.1.4 iphone on my Macbook with leopard. It all seemed good at first. The apps worked great, didn't brick but I realized that my reception is now nonexistent and even when I get one bar their is no AT&T symbol or the edge symbol. Did I screw something up in the install?

u must unlock it on any network to get singnal
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

Connor3685 (2008-04-06)

i dont get it, when i made my custom ip did i have to select something specific?

no use the program bootneuter on ur springboard... put unlock to on and then hit flash on the top right and all ur problems will be gone.... make sure auto lock is off first

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cscho0415 For This Useful Post:

Connor3685 (2008-04-06)

I dont have bootnueter, i didn't check that when I made my custom ip, Im trying to do that now but i dont have the bootloader files

Yeah, you need to bootneuter and unlock baseband to get service.

I didn't know where the bootloader files were, then I read the tutorial really carefully and realized they put it there:

http://rapidshare.com/files/104494661/bootloaders.rar

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Niiro13 For This Useful Post:

Connor3685 (2008-04-06)

What everyone is saying... PWN doesn't work for a simple jailbreak! You need to 'bootneuter' and 'unlock' to make a call, even though it doesn't say that on the screen.
    http://jpassoc.com/x -- with free itunes under the puppy!
    If I help you out, please press THANKS!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

if u followed the guide and when u created the original custom ipsw it should give u bootneuter

Ah... a guide... what does rtfm mean anyway?

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

where do u see rtfm???

it's a joke son!

rtfm means READ THE F___IN' MANUAL.

I never saw a guide... but if you say it's there I will believe you!

3g QuickPWN'ed with 2.1

got it... its all there man just read it... its newbie proof too... my retard friend who knows nothin bout hacking was able to do it

...you don't need to unlock your phone to get service on it. whoever told you that is completely wrong – my phone is pwned proof you don't have to do that.

i did however have a similar issue, with not getting service, which i solved by allowing itunes to activate the phone instead of it being done with pwnage.

Quote Originally Posted by ajustcircle View Post
    ...you don't need to unlock your phone to get service on it. whoever told you that is completely wrong my phone is pwned proof you don't have to do that.

i did however have a similar issue, with not getting service, which i solved by allowing itunes to activate the phone instead of it being done with pwnage.
    True, you do not need to unlock to get service on ATT. If you follow the directions it works fine. Unless you are going to use activesync it is not worth upgrading though.

I couldn't get my service to work either. I deactivated my phone with iNdependence and then just activated it with iTunes. At&t just popped up and starting working. Hope this helps!