Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.2 (2.0 beta)

Default 1.2 (2.0 beta)
    if i pwnage to 2.0 fw (lol ya my verb is pwnage)... is there anyway i can load the music store from a previous fw and upload it back into the fone... maybe ssh? and is there anyway i can somehow load the app store onto it? i noe this sounds crazy but if you dont get the appstore then it doesnt feel like u upgraded! LOL
    one more question : does this fw lag or not?? i mean ive seen about 50 posts where ppl complain about lagging... and at hackint0sh ive seen about 25 wer ppl say it works perfectly
    Wats going on?? lol

I dont think it would work,

I tried to take the calculator from 1.2 and use it on 1.1.4, but it just showed the startup screen and then crashed to springboard after about 30 secs

could be different the other way around though

ya ill test the itunes idea? maybe ittl work.. but i wonder if ssh capabilities will stay.. so b4 i attempt this.. if i get to 2.0 do i just restore back to the custom 1.1.4 to erase?

yah that should do it i downgraded no prob... just put it in dfu first then restore to custom usin itunes
    always hit the thanks button

no signature spam/links... Thanks

k ill try first thing tomorow morning.. its nite wer i live lol sooo tired yawn.. nite ill report back tomorow evening

If you try to downgrade to 1.1.4 from 1.2, you will need to install the baseband eraser from iclarified located in installer. Then do another restore to 1.1.4.

wud i restore to my custom 1.1.4 both times?

Lagging is subjective...yes, it does lag, but some people might not care too much to take note of it.

Last I checked, 1.x and 2.0 were different architecture...so whilst you can port over iTunes Wi-Fi Store form a previous version, it won't be able to run...someone already tried sshing Installer and it wouldn't run...same idea? =/ I guess you could try it.

hmm good pt Niiro13.. but that might be due to the fact that apple patched the fw so installer wudnt work but perhaps the itunes mobile store might work as apple left that part untouched in the fw... but ya ur right they have a completely different infrastructure.. worth a try though

@rubikscube, ya you can restore your custom 1.1.4 firmware both times. It's just the baseband that needs erasing after the 1.2 downgrade.

You can find the baseband eraser in the icarified folder in installer. Add this source http://installer.iclarified.com

heres my feedback guys.. so i tried it :
    i had mixed results...
    it was incredibly slow .. i mean like F****** slow!!! HOWEVER if u reboot it it wud run at full speed for about 10 minutes until it started lagging again... i also looked into the firmware itself using pwnage before the littlebear command.. yup NO APPSTORE OR MUSIC STORE.. but maybe we cud drag and drop it into the fw before loading it on.. thats wat ipsw is trying to do.
    Secondly i saw that our beloved scrolling function has not been incorporated into several of the apps
    And finally..calculator rox.. its got all the stuff including sin cos tan.. for all us math junkies ok..
    so i reccomend u update if ur curious (good learning exp) and take a look around but its not the kind of fw i wud be able to use.. too lagyy the min ur done looking around just downgrade...
    but dont blame me if something goes wrong
    CLICK THX IF I HELPED

Quote Originally Posted by rubikscube View Post
    hmm good pt Niiro13.. but that might be due to the fact that apple patched the fw so installer wudnt work but perhaps the itunes mobile store might work as apple left that part untouched in the fw... but ya ur right they have a completely different infrastructure.. worth a try though
    Doesnt work moved with ssh no luck, I was poking around though and saw a folder for rentals in the itunes store folder. Anyone herd of future video rentals from phone?

hola, i have the 1.2 firmware and i just dont know were to put it so i can install it. When i try to do a shift install it wont let me activate my phone.