Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Small need of assistance here!

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Small need of assistance here!
    I just downloaded the PwnageTool yesterday and i downloaded the iPhone and iPod Touch .ipsw Firmwares from the links they provided, and all i got was files with no actual firmware i can use in PwnageTool. There must be a way to convert them? Do something with them..???
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

your computer may have automatically unzipped the .ipsw files upon downloading. either make sure your comp doesn't unzip them or just rezip them, or i was also told that if they're automatically unzipped, you can find the original file in trash

sorry guys, random movement of conversation, but i am so stuck, please can someone help me. i had a 1.1.2 out the box and made the mistake of upgrading to 1.1.3. I now want to jailbreak my phone but every time i run AppTapInstaller.exe nothing happens! it gets right to the end and just freezes, please can someone point me in the right direction?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dasifa For This Useful Post:

law111 (2008-04-04)

iPhone? More like MyPhone law111's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dasifa View Post
    sorry guys, random movement of conversation, but i am so stuck, please can someone help me. i had a 1.1.2 out the box and made the mistake of upgrading to 1.1.3. I now want to jailbreak my phone but every time i run AppTapInstaller.exe nothing happens! it gets right to the end and just freezes, please can someone point me in the right direction?
    just download Liberty+ and upgrade to 1.1.4

how do you unzip ad rezip them?!
    Last edited by law111; 2008-04-04 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhone Firmware - 4.1
    Service - AT&T
    Device - iPhone 4 BLACK 16GB

@ law111, make sure you are actually "downloading" the files, and not just "opening" them