Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trouble with iBrickr

Default Trouble with iBrickr
    I have just got a jailbroken phone (v 1.1.2) and wanted to install a few games and other apps. I have downloaded iphonebrowser from google and also iBrickr. Neither process seems to be working!!

With iphonebrowser, I copy the entire folder of the app I need in the apps folder on the phone and restart the phone but even though the icon appears, the application refuses to open.

While using iBrickr, after browsing through the aopplication and clicking on any application, iphoneinterface.exe crashes. This has happened every single time and i have restarted my computer, my phone, closed all itunes relevant programmes running on my machine but no change.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Why dont you just use Installer on your phone. It is a lot easier than iBrickr and iPhonebrowser

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dlubbat For This Useful Post:

daljit (2008-03-24)

dont have sources for these 3rd party apps that i want to install!! the aSMS for example.

Hi,
    don't worry, download and use "iPhone PC Suite"

read more

any links to iPhone PC Suite?? English Version

ok so i downloaded and installed the ultimate iPhone kit from the downloads section which has iBrickr, WinSCP, TightVNC, iPhoneBrowser, ZiPhone & iPhone PC Suite!! Tried installing software from iPhone PC Suite but again the icons showed up on the phone but the software didn't work. When i try iBrickr with all the softwares that it has in its menu, the iPhoneinterface.exe file keeps crashing as before. Just don't know what I'm doing wrong!!! So frustrating!
    Last edited by daljit; 2008-03-25 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by daljit View Post
    any links to iPhone PC Suite?? English Version

ok so i downloaded and installed the ultimate iPhone kit from the downloads section which has iBrickr, WinSCP, TightVNC, iPhoneBrowser, ZiPhone & iPhone PC Suite!! Tried installing software from iPhone PC Suite but again the icons showed up on the phone but the software didn't work. When i try iBrickr with all the softwares that it has in its menu, the iPhoneinterface.exe file keeps crashing as before. Just don't know what I'm doing wrong!!! So frustrating!
    Did you install open SSH? What way did you use to jailbreak your phone? If you used ziphone install zibrickr fix. If you have those, you should be able to see all of your folders and modify whatever.

I had you problem before and that's the way I fixed it atleast.

I'm also curious as to why you just don't use installer? Just add a source and install. It'll give you a lot less headaches.