Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iBrickr on unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone

Default iBrickr on unlocked 1.0.2 iPhone
    Newbie Alert...

I am in the UK and have just purchased an iPhone from USA which is coming 'unlocked for all networks'. The seller states the iPhone is on firmware 1.0.2 and not to do a restore or update the firmware as this may re-lock the phone. It is also YouTube enabled.

I've been reading up on how I put hacked applications on the iPhone and how to install iBrickr.
    The only thing is that all the tutorials say that I need to restore the phone etc before doing this - which I've been told may lock my iphone.

I've been reading through the tutorial stickied here - [GUIDE] Starting from Scratch - Modding Using iBrickr... although I'm not really starting from scratch as someone has already unlocked it!
    Is it possible to just start this tutorial from step 9 - as my iphone will already be on the right firmware?

Any help appreciated. The last thing I want to do is lose the simlock on the iPhone and have it as an iPod only!

Cheers...
    Pete

yes it is possible to start from step 9, the steps before is just to get everyone caught up to version 1.0.2, if your already at 1.0.2 you can just run ibrickr, you may have problems if your phone is new and unlocked, there has been instances where ibrickr does not work. Try apptapp if that doesnt work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to arthursdomain For This Useful Post:

p3eps (2007-10-03)

Thanks for the reply.
    Is it best to try ibrickr first then if not try apptapp... or should I just go straight for apptapp?

Hopefully the iPhone will be delivered tomorrow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p3eps View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    Is it best to try ibrickr first then if not try apptapp... or should I just go straight for apptapp?

Hopefully the iPhone will be delivered tomorrow
    no no..just run ibrickr it will have install pxl that all your phone is already jailbroken..so no apptapp.and most likley it has installer.app already on it but if not install installer.app off of ibrickr..but you phone is ready to go basicly..if your following guides from wiki you can skip all of the jailbreak stuff and go straight to installing steps