Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What am I missing?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Default What am I missing?
    I'm iphone 4 on 4.3.5 bb 04.10.01. I want to JB to 4.3.3 and not unlock so have followed Redmond Pie tutorial using tinyumbrella with saved SHSH. (http://www.redmondpie.com/downgrade-...w-to-tutorial/) I'm thinking of trying this method with pwnage tool - http://iphoneblogr.com/2011/08/how-t...-3-3-tutorial/
    Sorry if I'm not supposed to post those links.
    I've tried and failed a few times with various errors/messages. My questions are-
    1. Redmond tutorial refers to iTunes 10.4. I'm on 10.4.1 Any difference?? Also using Lion 10.7.1 on Mac.
    2. Am I meant to highlight 4.3.3 in tinyumbrella before proceeding??
    3. Are there any other, well tried n tested, methods I could try? I was on 4.2.1 JB but had trouble and in hindsight I should have just re jailbroken! REALLY MISSING JB advantages.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's not necessary to highlight the device for TSS to work. Just be sure an SHSH blob is available for the version tomb restored. The second method builds a custom firmware - a good method to use. For pwnd-DFU, some have difficulties using iREB. Redsn0w is a good alternative.

Thanks

Thanks for that. I have all SHSH from 4.2.1 on tu. Have to read up about that pwnd DFU though.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Pwnd-DFU is just special code that is injected after the device is placed in normal DFU mode. Both iREb and redsnow inject the same code. Redsnow's count-down timer are a bit easier for some to follow.

Thanks

Hey you've been a great help Mes. Is there a tutorial somewhere that goes through step by step? And thanks again

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A tutorial for getting into pwned-DFU? None needed.
    Redsn0w is very similar to iREB. Just press next and follow the count-down timer?

This may help: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Using a Custom Restore IPSW and RedSn0w (Windows)

Thanks

Thanks again Mes. I'll look at that after work. It's just that I'm really missing all the added features/tweaks I had on JB.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You're welcome Ozzie

Without a jailbreak, I would likely have a different phone

Thanks

Hey Mes again. I just had a quick look at that iClarified site - it's not so much the JB part but the downgrading 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 and one site said to use the pwned DFU method so I needed to know how that fits in with the downgrading process. Gotta go back to work now - nearly lunch time here in South Australia.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Pwnd-DFU is automatically performed during the redsn0w DFU process. No extra user steps are needed. Just verify redsn0w displays success

Thanks Guys for you help on the Jailbreak topic. I am using the iPhone 4 and it is helpful for me to consider all the tips you have mentioned in the above discussion. Thanks Ozzie for this discussion topic.
    Download iPhone Shame Alarm App
    Thanks & Regards,
    Mike Flat