Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cant jailbreak with greenpoison

Default Cant jailbreak with greenpoison
    im ready to lose it. im putting my iphone 3g running on 4.2.1 into dfu mode (i know this because the computer will say it needs to be restarted or whatever) but every single time greenpoison will pretty much say FU try again. im at whits end.

any advice guys..

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

greenpoison doesnt work on iphone 3G. You have to use redsnow 0.9.6rc8 or 0.9.6rc19 to jailbreak that.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    greenpoison doesnt work on iphone 3G. You have to use redsnow 0.9.6rc8 or 0.9.6rc19 to jailbreak that.

i was afraid of that. it pisses me off that everyone markets it that it works on the youtube vids..

i tried redsnow before but i can never figure out the ipsw file..

Thanks

Use firefox and go to the downloads section of this site (top of page) and download a copy of the 4.2.1 firmware for iPhone 3G. Then get one of the redsnow's I mentioned (google or go to iPhone dev blog) and point redsnow to that firmware file.

ok im trying that now thanks! is there a difference from using firefox vs regular internet

Thanks

Yes. firefox will save it in the correct format for you so that you dont have to rename the extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes. firefox will save it in the correct format for you so that you dont have to rename the extension.

ok im downloading the firmware now but i cant find the redsnow for the 4.2.1. thanks so much for your help you dont know how long ive been working on this!

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've used greenpoison only on the i4. Works great with a little bit of effort. You are better off with redsn0w.