Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1 signal bar

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 1 signal bar
    I just upgraded to 4.3 stock with 2.10.04 bb from 4.1 (I had really no reason to upgrade till now except my phone started acting sluggish and acting weird) so when jailbreakme 3.0 came out I did the 4.3 upgrade and ran jailbreak me 3.0 and just noticed after a couple days that I only have 1 bar when I know it's more than one when my 3GS has full bars and so on... I have no need for uktrasnow as I've been on Att for 7 years so is there any way to fix this or am I just stuck like this until further notice? Any advice would be appreciated I looked through forums and others with 1 bar issue had different firmware/bb/jailbreak/unlock issues ... Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm a bit confused. Jailbreakme is specifically written for firmware 4.3.3. The baseband with 4.3.3 is 4.10.01. So did you have more than one bar before you jailbroke?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

4.3(8F190)
    Modem 2.10.04
    Jailbreakme worked don't see why it wouldn't work for any previous versions before 4.3.3 they all have the same exploit until plugged up by 4.3.4
    And never had a issue with 1 bar before this

Take a marker & add more bars lol

Install ultrasnow. I had to do that to get reception.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Its not really a reception problem. Its a cosmetic issue with the device being on an updated firmware and not the correct baseband. You should still have full signal even if it doesn't show. This started happening when users were updating to 4.3 and beyond as 4.2.1 had no known issues being on a preserved baseband and showing full signal. Unfortunately you only have two options: Update the baseband to match the correct firmware or install ultrasn0w to fix the bar issue.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jed2012 View Post
    ...when jailbreakme 3.0 came out I did the 4.3 upgrade and ran jailbreak me 3.0 and just noticed after a couple days that I only have 1 bar...
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Jailbreakme is specifically written for firmware 4.3.3. The baseband with 4.3.3 is 4.10.01. So did you have more than one bar before you jailbroke?
    This is odd. The 1-bar issue occurs when the iPhone installed BB does not match the default BB of the installed iOS. In this case ... is matches !!

Although it's weird, I would try ultrasn0w to test.

A fresh stock reload of 4.3.3 might be necessary.

BTW: As Poseidon79 mentioned, was it working before you jailbroke?

Thanks
    Seems like my problem. Please help. Just got a new (refurb) ATT iPhone 4. Immediately went to jailbreak me and got Cydia. First day I had it. Fastest jailbreak I ever did. (old 3G user on 3.1.2)
    My 4 is 4.3.3 modem 4.10.01. Started having reception problems. I constantly lose my bars then searching, then No Signal. Sometimes it comes back, like if I'm driving. But earlier today, in my yard, lost signal, and never came back. And within about 30 mins battery dropped to 15% and I went airplane mode. Phone on lower right side, was burning hot. Battery continued to drop, to zero. Plugged into wall at about 2% but it died. Oh, and it also had that iPhone must be restored message. After a while charging. All is well and bars are back. Been having this problem for the past week. I have an sgp hybrid case, so I doubt its my hand.

I lose bars and get no service in areas my 3G never batted an eye. (even after drops throws kicks rebuilds...)
    So, my main question, did jailbreakme cause this reception issue, or is it a hardware issue, sim issue. I am still on 30 days and may take this back. (after i try to get apple to replace my mysteriously cracked back glass) I love it so much though. So fast and such a clear display.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Something is crazy inside the phone. Since you can, I would take it back. When you get the replacement ... Get your SHSH blobs but nothing else. Test the reception and the battery drain for a couple days. After you've verified it's working normal .. then jailbreak and test again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Something is crazy inside the phone. Since you can, I would take it back. When you get the replacement ... Get your SHSH blobs but nothing else. Test the reception and the battery drain for a couple days. After you've verified it's working normal .. then jailbreak and test again.
    Should I restore before taking it back? I.e. Get rid of Cydia? I was not able to save 4.3.3. Cydia says 4.3.5. Besides that, I hope I get another 4.3.3. I guess it's back to ATT. Refurb 16g seem to be hard to
    Come by. (i've been watching ATT for weeks and months, waiting for a refurb) I wonder how they'll handle this. OR should i go to apple?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I suppose you might have better luck getting a 4.3.3 at AT&T. I would be safe and restore to current stock. Then test the reception/battery drain issues before exchanging. If it works, maybe that fixed the problem. (haha).

Thanks
    Ok. Now the dumb question. As this is where it all confuses me. If I don't have 4.3.3 hashed, can I still restore to 4.3.3?
    I forgot mention. A few times, i would get the plug into iTunes screen ie restore. Through a combo of restarting and respiring from sbs, i was able to pass it. I did a restore once, from backup and nothing changed and Cydia was still there.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

No restores without SHSH blobs. I don't know your hacking abilities, but if you've figured a way around this you should share with our dev-team.

Thanks
    Umm. No real hacking abilities. I just try to get along. So that is why I am scared to restore this Phone. Don't want to loose 4.3.3.
    As far as how I restored from backup and Cydia was still there, not sure it was a real restore phone has just been acting funny. So I guess the lower right side, getting really hot, is abnormal? I remember my 3G getting hot places during long calls or heavy data usage. It's gets hot just below the sim slot. Front and back. Makes sense, that is where the 3G radios are....
    Last edited by gd420mj; 2011-08-08 at 04:32 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You might be able to get your current 4.3.3 using iFaith. An update is pending and unavailable atm ( iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones ), but I got my 4.2.1 on a 3GS with the last version 1.2.

However ... there were reports of it causing a DFU loop. I don't know ...

Thanks
    I'll try that later. Thanks for the help.

Thanks
    I was able to save my 4.3.3 shsh with iFaith 1.2.1. And it allowed me to build an Ipsw with it. But not sure i want to restore. I removed all the Cydia apps installed. Seems to work a little better, but occasionally can lose signal, even when sitting in the same spot with 4 bars.
    If I select Restore in iTunes , not upgrade, won't it just basically reset the phone back to as it was? Cause the text next to upgrade says, 4.3.5. And what if I restore from backup? Will it up the firmware? I never did a restore, so it's a bit confusing. In the past, i only did shift restore to iPhone 3G and no higher than 3.1.3.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The iTunes, click select iPhone (in left pane), then right-click 'restore from backup' restores the data portion ... not the firmware. This can be used after a complete firmware restore. Not required, but this plus a sync gets 99% back.

The middle-of-the-screen iTunes restore button ... is BAD. Stay away. That installs the latest and greatest firmware and deletes everything.

The middle-of-the-screen iTunes update button is also BAD. Stay away from it also

To tell iTunes ''''what''' to load, hold down the shift key, then press restore. A file open window appears where you select the iOS version (custom or otherwise) ''you'' want to restore.

Thanks
    Will restoring from backup remove Cydia? I'd like to be able to remove Cydia and stay at 4.3.3, so I can see if the jailbreak is giving me the problems. My guess is it will not. I guess I can use iFaith to restore back to 4.3.3.
    If I try to shift restore with apple 4.3.3, it will tell me I cannot do this. (apple no longer signing....) Right? I'm sure that's what I read.

On another note, iFaith had me a little worried today. The phone showed plug into iTunes and the blobs were not saving. It was stuck. But I retried a few times and it finally worked. Then it didn't save the shsh file as an extention it could recognize. I renamed it to *.iFaith and it found it and built a custom firmware.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gd420mj View Post
    Will restoring from backup remove Cydia?....
    No. Restore from backup restores stock apple data (contact, calendar, sms, passwords, etc)

... I'd like to be able to remove Cydia and stay at 4.3.3, so I can see if the jailbreak is giving me the problems. ...
    Easy, use iFaith to create the ipsw and load it w/iTunes. iFaith creates a pre-signed stock iOS with no BB update, not a custom firmware like sn0wbreeze.

...If I try to shift restore with apple 4.3.3, it will tell me I cannot do this. (apple no longer signing....) Right? I'm sure that's what I read...
    Correct. 4.3.3 SHSH blobs are required. Stock firmware is not pre-signed.

.On another note, iFaith had me a little worried today. The phone showed plug into iTunes and the blobs were not saving. It was stuck. But I retried a few times and it finally worked. Then it didn't save the shsh file as an extention it could recognize. I renamed it to *.iFaith and it found it and built a custom firmware.
    Not so good. Do it over. I downloaded and tested the new iFaith 1.3 today. The process went very smooth. No renaming was required.
    Last edited by Mes; 2011-08-10 at 02:29 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast