Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I am a dumb@$$

Default I am a dumb@$$
    Hi there
    I bought a Iphone 3gs, It was already jailbroke. I tried updating it to 4.3.3 by downloading a IPSW and putting it in restore mode then installing it through itunes.

I then tried fix recovery 4.3 which did nothing, I tried tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode, but it just brings me back to the connect to itunes screen but no emergency calling is available. It will not enter DFU, at all.

I tried installing a downloaded 4.1 IPSW through I tunes, It starts and then a few minutes later it gives me an error saying it cannot restore Iphone,

I fianlly tried updating it using itunes even though I am on bb 6.15 but half way through that it gave me an unkown error 9.

Im supper stuck. I dont know what to do or where to start at this point,
    I would appreciate any help and If it will make any of you feel better you can totally bash the crap out of me as long as I get some help on the way
    thanks

you might have forgot to change the host file
    (on a mac) check out YouTube surf some vids on the subject you should find it

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Because the iPad 6.15.x modem firmware / baseband is installed, you need to load a custom firmware using PwnageTool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (PC). Built it, shift/click/select custom firmware w/iTunes, and load. Ultrasn0w will unlock 6.15 if needed. 4.3.3 does not need TU at the moment because Apple is signing it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

calandval (2011-07-19)

could you point me to a decent tut on how to use pwange tool to load a custom

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

PwnageTool builds the custom firmware, and assists putting the iPhone in pwnd-DFU mode for loading.
    iTunes (option/shift/select custom firmware) then loads it.

A good tutorial: iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 3GS Using PwnageTool (Mac) [4.3.3]

Note 1) Select activate if you don't have an official carrier SIM installed (like AT&T USA)
    Note 2) Apple is currently signing 4.3.3 ... so Tiny Umbrella is not needed here.
    If you get an iTunes 1013 error, use Tiny Umbrella option button to kick it out of recovery mode.

See my sig below for links to lots of additional information

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

calandval (2011-07-19)