Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wbreeze, fine; Restore, fail fail fail

Hi guys.
    Have run Sn0wbreeze just fine, created the mod file. Now at the end I get green screen and the message from Sn0wbreeze is to goto iTunes and load the new mod and.. bingo.
    As the file loaded (1st time I tried) I got the Sn0wbreeze logo and the loading bar on the phone, exciting! But..
    But then the iTunes recovery runs and runs for 20 mins then I get a popup saying, "time out & 1604".
    Then I get the USB->iTunes logo.. forever.

Do I just keep on trying?

3g 4.2.1 & 05.15.04 (think it's .04)
    Win7
    Latest iTunes.

I have tried running a tiny programme called rcboot exit, or something like that. With this I endlessly get the iphone going in and out of usb->itunes logo & Apple logo. When I unplug I just get all the same nonsence as described above.

Please help, I've only had this damned thing 3 days..

Ps, should I attempt the mod-restore when in green screen or when it fades to black, or don't it matter?

BTW iTunes prepares the restore, loads very slowly, then errors. If I missed anything else let me know. Many thanks.
    Last edited by ironclad23; 2011-07-13 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Try using redsnow 0.9.6rc18 to enter pwned DFU first. Then shift restore to the custom snowbreeze firmware.

WOW! Quick response, my thanks.
    I shall DL this programme now ans have a quick go, off to work shortly so will report in tomoro morning.

This'll work now i've (kinda) bricked the phone? Cool!

OK, this time I got the snowflake up and the laoding bar whizzing along nice. Then itune creeps in at the very last moment, "the iphone could not be restored, unknown error (6)"
    I remain with the usb->itune logo, again.
    Damn you itunes So close, sooo close..

Rinse/repeat? Defo off to wrok now, back in 13 hrs..

Simon, you're a work-horse. I owe you a pint already!

Gotta fly!

Back from work.
    I'm on my 5th retry of the day, still nadda. I don't know if this means anything but as the itunes 'restore bar' is moving along the iphone sn0wflake 'loading/restore bar' is creeping along, but slower. It looks to my newbie eye as if itunes is finished before the iphone has done. iTunes hits 'verifying' as sn0wflake is millimetres from ending it's cycle.

Does this help with any diagnosis?

error message varies from 1604 to just 6, back n forth.

Do I simply keep retrying or look for alternatives?
    Tnx

Oh, does it do anything helpful if I (on redsn0w) hit "just boot tethered right now", rather than "enter DFU"?
    Last edited by ironclad23; 2011-07-14 at 10:37 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ironclad23 (2011-07-14)

Netbook. I'll give it a try.

YEEEEEESS!!!1!

Yippee, thank you Simon. I dunno why but my little zoostorm conquered the power of my quadcore double hyperthreaded unicycle riding puter. I have Cydia.
    Woot. Now I'm off to read a few threads and see what's good to do next, i'm new to iphones so i'm not even sure where to start.
    Many many thanks.

I won't bother creating a new thread, and I will use the search to find answers, but just to add.. my 3G has vanished and signal is down to one bar.
    lmao..

OK, so I haven't found a good answer to my 3g and network signals dying. Can I ask, am I meant to now unlock the iphone after this jailbreak? I am not sure if it was unlocked before I bought it.

I'm thinking that while I was on the sn0wbreeze prog I shouls have gone Custom -> (dropdown) Ultrasn0w.
    And maybe enabled SSH.. but none to sure about SSH (so thinking, leave it alone) sorted this

Does this sound about right?
    Last edited by ironclad23; 2011-07-14 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks

If you need it unlocked you need to install ultrasnow from cydia

ultrasnow wont work on 5.15.04 baseband though. What carrier are you trying to use the phone on?

the carrier is called 3, or 3 mobile. UK

..now that I do not know. I've PMed the guy from avforums.com, who I got it off. Hoping to get a reply soon.

I thought unlock wasn't dependent on original carrier though.

Thanks

Ya but you would need to unlock it first. To do that you have two options:

1: Find out the carrier it is locked to and call them to request for it to be unlocked (preferred)
    2: Use redsnow to update your baseband to the the ipad baseband so that ultrasnow will work to unlock it. Cons of this are that there is no going back and it will break GPS.

The phone was locked to O2.

Don't like the sound of a broken gps

Thanks

Just call up O2 and get them to unlock it for you. That's your best and safest bet. I have heard a lot of people being able to do the same.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ironclad23 (2011-07-15)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast