Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak error on official unlock iPhone 4 using Snowbreeze

Default Jailbreak error on official unlock iPhone 4 using Snowbreeze
    Hi,

I will keep it simple.

I just bought an iPhone4 from the apple store and it is unlocked. It is unlocked officially by Apple. I came home and put my sim and its unlocked.
    The firmware is 4.10.01 and the software is 4.4.3 (8J2). I tried to jailbreak it by making a custom .ipsw (4.4.3) using snowbreeze. THe custom .ipsw was successful. Now I put my phone in DFU mode try to restore it to the new .ipsw created. When I do it, the itunes says that its verfying the update with the apple and then gives me an error number 3194. I have checked on apple's site and found that this is relating to issue that restore can not be done backwards OR it your phone already had 4.4.3 then you cant restore it to the same software (or something like that).
    So I need help on how to jailbreak the phone. I mean having it factory unlock is good but it has to be jailbreaken too.

Thanks

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Why would you need to create a custom firmware if the phone is already factory unlocked? Just run the latest redsn0w (0.9.6rc18) process to jailbreak it.