Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 4 restore error - I need help.

Default Iphone 4 restore error - I need help.
    So here is the deal, I have an Iphone 4, it was running 4.0 I used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak the phone. Everything went fine till i used cydia to unlock it. Cydia kept crashing and so i decided to redo the jailbreak so to reinstall cydia. this is where things went bad. I did a factory reset using the phones option to do so and the phone crashed. It loads to just the apple logo and then hangs right there. I have managed to get it into both recovery mode and DFU mode, when i put it into DFU mode and follow the snowbreeze instructions to make a custom firmware I make it all the way to the end at which point iReb tells me that its set to work, Itunes loads up, I click shift restore choose the cooked firmware and it starts to work.

What it does next is where im stuck. I shows the Snowbreeze logo and status bar, but the status bar never does anything. After a few minutes the iphone resets itself and Itunes gives me an error 1611.

I have tried this one two differnt computers and it does the same thing on both computer.

Both computers are running windows 7 one is a 64 bit and one is a 32 bit. I have tried it with tinyumbrela running, or not running.

I also have tried to just do a normal reset to 4.3.2 with itunes and it will get to the same point and then reset and give me the same error code.

If i try to restore from Itunes either of the firmware files with it in recovery mode, i simply get a error 21 code.

Anyone think they can help with this would be appreciated. And also I cant take it to apple, for warranty I did not buy the phone from apple so i don't know if the warranty is transferable.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Use redsnow to enter pwned DFU first then try to shift restore to the custom firmware again.

Ok so i did what simon suggested and that did not change anything as far as what the phone is doing. Any other options that anyone can think of.

So Thanks for trying to help. I got tired of failing so I fixed it in my own way. I took it to the shooting range and used it for target practice with my .40 Cal Glock.