Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrading

Default Upgrading
    I was wondering I still have the 4.1 firmware and want to upgrade to the 4.2 firmware because of newer apps that wont run on 4.1. Is there a way to upgrade without losing all of my jailbroken apps. I jailbroke it with green pois0n. I just don't want to lose all my info. Thanks.

Do you have 4.2.1 shsh blobs saved

I'm not to sure what you mean if you could just tell me step by step what to do that would be appreciated.

WHen you open cydia at the top does it show 4.2.1?

It says shsh iOS: 4.1,4.2.1, 4.2b3, 4.3, 4.3.3

Okay then what you will need to do is update and use tiny umbrella and start it as a tss server update then update to 4.2.1. Once it is done run gp

How do I use tiny umbrella and what's a TSS server. Can you tell me step by step. I used ishshit to save whatever it is I saved.

Download tinyumbrella and then when you have it installed hit start tss

ok after i do all that and upgrade to 4.2.1 will i still have all my themes and apps on the phone from the jailbreak before?

Nope you will have to set it up again

ok well that was my point. whats the point of using tiny umbrella if i can just download the firmware and use itunes to install it. so its pointless to upgrade if i lose all my apps and themes and cant recover them

You can get pkgbckup in cydia

will that also save all my edited apps?

I dont know we dont support piracy here

yea i bet. well thanks for all the help

no problem