Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i phone got stuck

Default i phone got stuck
    hello folks,

I have a problem with my iphone. I unknowingly restored my unlocked 3gs phone to factory settings in itunes. From then my iphone got stuck with apple logo. Help me to sort this problem out.

Thanking you

Ramana

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Apple logo or itunes cable logo ?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

And did you have the iPad baseband installed for your unlock?

It showed apple logo. I am not sure of the base band

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

So you've never manually used any tool to upgrade your baseband then like redsn0w or pwnagetool? It's important to know bc iPad bb phones need custom fw to restore properly.

Try to create a custom 4.3.3 firmware to restore to with sn0wbreeze. Be sure to use redsn0w to put it in pwned dfu mode (don't try to install Cydia or the iPad bb just select dfu) before restoring to the custom fw in iTunes.

Thanks

Try running redsn0w and choose tether boot.

well i tried to install a custom software (4.2.1) and itunes displayed a message" succesfully restored to 4.2.1 and your i phone will restart " and thats it my iphone never restarted and i only displayed blank screen. now when i try to restore it shows me 1600

Thanks

Run redsn0w 0.9.6 RC8, browse to stock 4.2.1 and only choose tether boot option, try that.

where can i find Rc8 .. i searched in google and it doesn't help every link is dead

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

http://modmyi.com/forums/unlocking-a...ed-iphone.html

Scroll down to my post. I have working links there for Mac and Windows

i have tried thetering using redsnow . the redsnow software says it has done it, my iphone just showed pineapple logo and again it turned off ..and it doesn't start again

The same thing happened to me. I just messed around with different methods. I tried the restore & update, didn't work, so I created a custom 4.33 firmware with sn0wbreeze and jailbroke with redsn0w. I don't really know what I did right but if you keep messing around with different IPSW restores it'll eventually work.

hey all this is off topic and im sorry but i dont know how to create my own post, im new to this site.. but i followed posts and jail broke my phone sucsessfully as it said anyway.. but my problem is when i put sim card in iphone it tells me sim failure and also when u go in carrier it still says at&t.. is that supposed to be gone, could u please help me out it would be much appreciated. i been at this for the past 4 hours lol.