Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Winterboard help ??

Default Winterboard help ??
    New to jailbreaking. I have an iPhone 4 running 4.1 and successfully d/l limera1n, Cydia and winterboard. So I'm just trying to customize my phone through Winterboard to start out. I have a basic theme and icons changed but now I'd like to tweak certain colors for battery, status bar, SMS bubbles, etc and it doesn't work. Any help ??? Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Are you using Photo Shop? That would be the easiest way, select the image and colorize.

Not familiar with it, sorry. I'm assuming it's an app ?? I've already downloaded the specific files such as red status bar or red SMS sent bubble but when I go into Winterboard and into themes to check the ones I want off, they don't work. I even tried moving them in the order i wanted them in bc I read that somewhere, I think lol.

Thanks

Your correct, WinterBoard works in a hierarchy, the top theme/twaek overrides the theme below.
    Are you making sure you are downloading the proper themes for your OS? What type of phone and what firmware?

Thanks

Not all themes have been ported for ios4 yet, that may be your issue. Image locations changed with this new OS and also the size of images. Make sure the theme your using is for an ip4.

The easiest (and hardest.. lol) way to get exactly what you want is to SSH into your phone and adjust the theme files yourself.