Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: greenpois0n no apps

Default greenpois0n no apps
    after successfully jailbreaking my ipod touch(2nd gen), i installed cydia from the app installed. after the ipod restarted, it shut down and restarted, and saw that i had none of the apps that the ipod comes starting with(music, itunes, app store, settings, ect)how do i fix this? please help

Have you tried syncing your iPod to see if they reappear? Also, I know it's a pain, but you can always restore to factory settings and re-jailbreak to see if that helps.

Smile re :
    Quote Originally Posted by theiphonedemos View Post
    Have you tried syncing your iPod to see if they reappear? Also, I know it's a pain, but you can always restore to factory settings and re-jailbreak to see if that helps.
    3GS (newer model? with fixed boot?) w/ iOS 4.2.1 + 05.15.04

hey, i also have this problem-- i tried greenpois0n rc6, and it failed. i then tried redsnow 0.9.6rc16, and it worked, but tethered,,,then i restored, to try greenpois0n again, but when it failed, and i restarted the phone, there are 0 icons on my iPhone. None. can't search for any of them either....i can't "restore" on iPhone, because i have no settings option. And i can't use iTunes "restore" option, because it wants me to update to 4.3.5, I'm SOL right now, and can't find a single forum with close to the same issue...but your response to the person missing most of his icons, was to "restore"...if he has no settings icon, how do we do that? Do you mean through iTunes? if so, how do we avoid updating iOS/baseband, if we use iTunes option to restore? any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks
    Last edited by itchypants007; 2011-07-30 at 09:12 AM. Reason: forgot phone info