Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: limera1ne help

Default limera1ne help
    hey guys im kind of rely new to the jail-breaking.in other words take it easy on me. Ive been following these forums since i jailbroke my i phone 3 a couple of years ago. i was having a hell of a time doing that until i happened to come across modmi and followed the advice from the members and was successful. so i find my self once again needing your help.
    i just jail broke my phone using limera1ne but cant figure out if it accusaly worked.it tells you your done then that's it. so my question is how do i know it worked, and how do i put cydia on.

reboot your phone.

1g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: 8g-3.2-Jailbroken
    2g: touch 8g-2.2.1-Unteathered Jailbroken

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

If it successfully jail broke with limera1n then you should see a limera1n icon on the second page of your springboard. Open it and choose to install cydia. Wait for completion and reboot your phone

I ran it and it seemed to say it had worked but I have no Cydia or other extra icons even after reboot. Should I try again?

Same problem here .. I have an iPhone 4 w/ iOS 4.1 already installed .. using Limera1n, went through the complete process now about 10 times .. each time, telling me that its completed "DONE" .. rebooted each time .. nothing !!!

There are NO Limera1n icons anywhere on my iPhone !!!

Just curious, did you try a spotlight search for the missing apps?

there's a ton of bugs with this release. I cannot connect to Itunes. It keeps saying I need to restore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone slap690's Avatar
    Thanks

I always restart my computer before I jailbreak and they always work!

Hi all, I'm having a problem jailbreaking my iPhone 3G 4.1 bootrom 5.7 what happens is different from anything I have read so far, so I thought I'd post. I shut down iTunes, and killed the iTumeshelper process then "make it rain" follow instructions up to "in dfu mode, wait." Well I waited and waited and waited, 20 minutes, then I tried holding the home key longer, tried without killing iTunes tried etc etc. Not my first JB, so I downgraded and re jb'd using annother method.In case it matters I tried all this on Windows 7 quad core intel with 1gb and iTunes 10.01 installed. Any suggestions would be awesome as I would like to try jailbroken 4.1, thanks

put limera1n to computer/local disk/program files/common files/apple/Apple Application Support . and try again if it work

Thanks

Try it with iTunes open

Thanks

lets take this to the "bugs so far" thread people , thankx