Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: new boot rom 3GS upgrading problem

Default new boot rom 3GS upgrading problem
    well ive been trying to upgrade my 3gs (new boot rom) to os 4.0 or 4.0.1 from 3.1.3 however im having no luck

ive redirected itunes to sauriks server and also tried using tiny umbrella the firmware siging seems to work for 3.1.3 but when trying to restore using 4.0 or 4.0.1 the iphone screen just goes black and itunes errors, ive tried it in DFU and Recovery mode so any help would be very much appreciated

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

What errors are you getting specifically, also are you sure you have blobs saved for 4.0.1?
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

its error 01 or something and according to cydia i have blobs for 4.0 and 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 however i have actually never had and os after 3.1.3 on my iphone so not sure how cydia has them its that possible?

Thanks

If you clicked make my life easier cydia automatically saves the shsh blobs for each firmware apple releases regardless of what firmware you are currently on. So yes that is possible.

As far as restoring goes when you use TU, right click it and choose run as admin to open TU. Have your phone connected to your pc in recovery mode click start tss sever open itunes and shift restore to 4.0.l if it errors out at the end use tu to kick it out of recovery mode.

dont know it it makes any difference but im running 64 bit win 7 would that affect it in any way :S

Thanks

Pretty sure I have heard of 64 bit having issues, your best bet is probably just to edit your host file yourself.

ive tried that but still had no luck