Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help with 4.1 and snowbreeze 2.0.1

Default help with 4.1 and snowbreeze 2.0.1
    okay sorry to be a pain

I have installed the microsoft framework, used snowbrreeze 2.0 and it was crashing so I got 2.0.1 and made a custom firmware, then I get error 1600 in itunes, I am in DFU mode....

What can I do I got spirit2pwn and ran that beforehand am I screwed? I double checked I am on the old bootrom....

oh and if I am with Rogers do I want to activate my phone???

Thanks!

did I miss a step because of the prior spirit j/b?? wasn't spirit2pwn suppose to fix that?
    Last edited by brycer79; 2010-09-24 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default restore mode
    Try in restore mode not DFU mode.

and if the phone is with rogers and the sim is with rogers, you don't need to hactivate.

Do I still hit shift restore? Will it still allow that if I'm not in dfu mode?

Default shift restore
    Yes you can still do shift restore.

So basically, once you have the image created you turn off the iPhone. Then you hold down the home button and plug the cable into the phone.

Once the itunes opens and says phone in recovery mode, then hold shift and click restore then choose your custom IOS.

That's basically what I tried before isn't that dfu mode?

Default Dfu
    DFU is when you plug the phone into the computer. Turn it off, then hold power and home for 10 seconds then let go of the home button until it connects to the computer.

DFU mode has a black screen, Restore has the connect to itunes screen.

If you are still getting 1600 errors then go to Sn0wbreeze site and download ireb and try.

Thanks for the help that snakes sense!

It worked! Restore mode made it all better!

Thanks!
    Last edited by brycer79; 2010-09-25 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost