Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbreakme.com

Default jailbreakme.com
    I'm on 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit. I like to wait to jailbreak after most people have done it so most all the kinks get worked out and now I really want to update to 4.0. The only thing I can use is Jailbreakme.com and since 4.1 update is out can I download the 4.0 firmware and shift+click restore/update to 4.0 and then use jailbreakme.com. I just wanted to double check before I did it.

sorry i didn't mention that. 3GS

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you have SHSH for 4.0 or 4.0.1 then you can upgrade to either of those and jailbreak using this guide:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

ishghosh (2010-09-24)

thanks...man this shsh stuff seems like work but if i want it badly i'll do it.

i hope i didn't do something wrong. everything with restoring with 4.0 and shsh and tinyumbrella went fine. now it says set up your iphone....so it says a previous iphone has been synced and it has my iphone? so should i have pressed continue because i did...omg i hope that was okay

restoring from back up isn't going to but the new 4.1 os on there is it? ugh i really hope not. i guess i'll find out unless you reply in less than 8 minutes lol
    Last edited by ishghosh; 2010-09-24 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You can either set your phone up as new or restore from your backup which will keep all your info the way you had it before the restore. Normally it is fine to restore from backup, sometimes problems can happen from restoring a backup, but you should be fine.

Did I beat the 8 minutes?

okay i hope it goes okay. your guide worked great. i didn't even get the expected error at the end! thank you so much. my heart was beating so fast the whole time lol

omg yayaya *jumping up and down* it worked! time to go jailbreak...
    Last edited by ishghosh; 2010-09-24 at 03:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Glad it worked for you. I understand how you feel. I remember going from 1.0.2 to 1.1 on my first iPhone, now that was stressful

I miss you jbme.com I have an iPhone 4 that came with 4.0.2 on it. I hate my life...lol

I don't know how you're doing it. I was telling my friends today that once you jailbreak you can never go back...hopefully they come out with 4.1 jailbreak soon...or have they already?

Quote Originally Posted by ishghosh View Post
    I don't know how you're doing it. I was telling my friends today that once you jailbreak you can never go back...hopefully they come out with 4.1 jailbreak soon...or have they already?
    No they are still doing what ever it it that they are doing. It seems posting a bunch of crap all over their Twitter is more important than getting this thing ready to release... And I sware when they do say something about the ETA it's very vag and none informative. I really think that SHAtter or GreenPois0n or ChronicDev Team or who ever is making this jb is just f-ing with us.

lol twitter...i was really close to getting one just to be updated on jailbreaking ****. they do seem to be on twitter a lot but cut them some slack, if it were an easy task anybody would do it but i don't think they'd make us wait for nothing. atleast i hope so...

speaking of messing with us i'm on 4.0 now and i disabled multitasking and am using multiflow. i used to have proswitcher and i'm starting to think he's messing with us about coming out with an update for 4.0 compatibility because in response to whether it was still in the works he wrote "It's theoretically being worked on." wth

i didn't realize they censored lol
    Last edited by ishghosh; 2010-09-30 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default help
    can anybody help me on how to jailbreak my i phone4 4.0.2

i read somewhere that they're not going to have a jailbreak for 4.0.2 although maybe someone more knowledgeable knows differently. if they're working on 4.1 right now i assume they're not concerned with 4.0.2.

Quote Originally Posted by mody4 View Post
    can anybody help me on how to jailbreak my i phone4 4.0.2
    You can't in less you backed up your shsh blobs for 4.0.1 when apple was still signing that firmware. Other than that it is impossible and you are in the same boat as me. So upgrade to 4.1 and wait like the rest of us. Because there will never be a jb for 4.0.2 there is no point to jb it. All it was, was apples fix for jailbreakme.com.

Thanks

Do not update to 4.1 if you want to unlock though. Wait it out at 4.0.2 if that is the case. Or use the tiny umbrella method to upgrade and preserve your baseband.

Well that's true if you have to have an unlock. I'm on AT&T so I could really care less...lol