Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 SHSH backup issue

Default iPhone 4 SHSH backup issue
    Hi all. I had a pretty hard time last night by misreading these 2 numbers: 4.1 and 4.0.1.

It was 2am in the morning so I clicked on the damn ACEEPT button to allow iTunes restore my iPhone 4 to FW version 4.1, as I thought it was 4.01... I am still feeling myself like a complete idiot of doing this...

Well here is the problem. My iPhone 4 was shipped with FW version 4.0.1 and I have never upgraded to 4.0.2. I JBed it by using jailbreakme.com and had Cydia installed. Of course I clicked on the "make my life easier" button.

Thing is after a while on the Cydia screen it reads "This device has SHSHs on file for iPhone OS/iOS: 4.0.2". I thought it was a mistake as when I clicked on that button the FW was on 4.0.1 and everyone knows there is no way to JB an iPhone4 in 4.0.2. So I assumed that I had my SHSH backed up for the current FW which is 4.0.1, although it shows 4.0.2 on Cydia screen for some unknown reason.

Now I need to restore the brick to 4.0.1 and have my life back but Saurik's server won't allow me to do so. I could, restore to 4.0.2 though. So it means I had my SHSH backed up for 4.0.2!!!! Even with the FW version 4.0.1! It is like doing a thing in the future!

This is really annoying and I don't even have a clue of what is going on. Is there any chance that I had my 4.0.1 backed up somewhere I don't know? is there any way for me to resore to 4.0.1?

Well thank you for reading all these and please help!! Thank you all!

Helo Bro,

Well you are not the only 1 having this problem.

My friend also mistakenly depress the update button and before he realise it, his iPhone4 which originally came with 4.0.1 not even Jailbroken before and have not backup his SHSH files with either Apple or Cydia.
    Now he is stuck on 4.0.2 with same baseband as of 4.0.1 which is 01.59.00

He is now down and sad, giving up his search for any downgrade plan to just jailbreak his iPhone4.

Really need help to from all great people here in this forum.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

It doesn't matter what firmware your iphone has on it in regard to saving SHSH. So if you didn't press make my life easier before August 19th (when apple stopped signing 4.0.1) then you cannot get your SHSH for 4.0.1 anymore, even if you are still on 4.0.1. Likewise you can request SHSH for a firmware your device is not on as long as Apple is still signing that firmware, which is why you do have 4.0.2 SHSH. Right now since Apple is only signing 4.1 that is the only SHSH that you would be able to get right now.

Thanks to you all, pretty sad but i now understand how it works

Hello Bro,

I don't quite get it.

Using tiny umbrella,I did found my friends iPhone4 SHSH only 4.0.2 8A400. Which I belive unable to jailbreak.

So may I know it is possible to downgrade to 4.0.1 8A306?
    If it is then I may proceed to jailbreak, correct me if I'm wrong.

Really need advice from all Senior Bro to help us out here in Asia.

Thanks

Depends what your current FW version is. If it is 4.0.1 you will be able to jailbreak if it is anything higher than that, sorry, no.

The SHSH backup doesn't reflect your current version, that was actually my question for posting this thread. If you found your iPhone 4 has a 4.0.2 backup, meaning you will only be able to restore to 4.0.2 from a higher version, which is not jailbreakable.

So my suggestion is, if you are on 4.0.1 feel free to jailbreak but keep away from the new update 4.1 as once you update to 4.1 you will never be able to revert back to 4.0.1 again.