Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 4 downgrade

Default iphone 4 downgrade
    I updated to firmware 4.1 but dont feel it is worth not having my jailbraak. i know the 4.1 update has a new baseband. Can i still downgrade back to 4.0.1 with the new baseband even if i dont want to unlock and jailbreak. Thanks for info

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you have your SHSHs.

I have shsh's. So is the baseband only for unlocking? Or do I need to go back to the 4.0.2 like on firmwareumbrella's website says.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Then the answer to your question is yes you can downgrade and JB but no unlock. Like you said, the baseband was updated so no unlock.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Then the answer to your question is yes you can downgrade and JB but no unlock. Like you said, the baseband was updated so no unlock.
    Not the case. If Apple is still signing 4.0.2, then you can downgrade the baseband as well.

THIS ONLY WORKS IF APPLE IS SIGNING 4.0.2. IF THEY AREN'T THEN NO BASEBAND DOWNGRADE.

No Umbrella, no host file edits. Try just a straight restore down to 4.0.2. If that works (or ends with a 10xx error, OK to kick out of recovery using Umbrella/recboot/etc.)

If Apple's still signing 4.0.2, they're still signing nonces for 01.59.00. Which means you CAN (and probably just have) downgraded the baseband.

If you get downgraded to 4.0.2 and want to go to 4.0.1: fire up Umbrella and the TSS server, and attempt the normal downgrade with Umbrella (again, should end with a 10xx error, use Umbrella's kick out of recovery and you should be fine).

downgrade to 4.0.1, 2 kills the jailbreak

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Baseband upgrades are permanent. Unless for 3G phones with 5.08 bootloader.

Downgrade to 4.0.2 is fine but there is still no JB for that so no unlock either way.
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-09-09 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hello Bro,

But If I only got from tiny umbrella for iPhone4 SHSH 4.0.2 8A400, am I still able to downgrade to 4.0.1 8A306?

Currently this iPhone4 came with 4.0.1 8A306 never jailbreak before and did not save SHSH for 4.0.1 but after upgraded to 4.0.2 8A400 using iTunes 9.2, I then found out about tiny umbrella and able to only saved SHSH for 4.0.2 8A400.

Would I still be able to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1?

If possible then I would follow those steps which I found in this forums.

Kindly advice, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nagamas2005 View Post
    Hello Bro,

But If I only got from tiny umbrella for iPhone4 SHSH 4.0.2 8A400, am I still able to downgrade to 4.0.1 8A306?

Currently this iPhone4 came with 4.0.1 8A306 never jailbreak before and did not save SHSH for 4.0.1 but after upgraded to 4.0.2 8A400 using iTunes 9.2, I then found out about tiny umbrella and able to only saved SHSH for 4.0.2 8A400.

Would I still be able to downgrade from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1?

If possible then I would follow those steps which I found in this forums.

Kindly advice, thank you.

Go here:
    * How To Downgrade Firmware *

This has a great how-to on downgrading and a link at the top for downloading older firmwares. It's a big file, though, so will take up to an hour. I believe 4.0.1 is around 500mb. Hope this helps!
    Don't forget to "thank" if I've helped you!

Cheers!

Can't get get TSS server button to work. Do you turn port 80 off or redirect. And do you have run as admin for umbrella. And it says hosts file might be uneditable. Need guidances.

Quote Originally Posted by jopapa777 View Post
    Can't get get TSS server button to work. Do you turn port 80 off or redirect. And do you have run as admin for umbrella. And it says hosts file might be uneditable. Need guidances.
    i don't think you need to modify the host file for the iphone4. not positive though. not sure about TSS server button, either. sorry
    check the how-to again. i've never followed the steps, actually, i was able to resolve my issue without having to downgrade or anything. but i was directed to that link when i was having problems.

can anyone else help this guy?
    Don't forget to "thank" if I've helped you!

Cheers!