Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 3GS to 4.0x from 3.1.3?

Default Jailbreak 3GS to 4.0x from 3.1.3?
    I have a 3Gs that is jailbroken. It is running 3.1.3 with modem firmware 05.12.01. I could care less about unlock as I am an AT&T customer and intend on staying one for the foreseeable future.

Can I get to 4.0x with a jailbreak? According to Cydia, I have SSH's on file at the Cydia store for 3.0-4.01 (all versions it looks like).

Thinking I was doing the right thing, I waited patiently for a jailbreak for 4.0 and 4.01 (jailbreakme.com). I missed the window on 4.01 because I saw it the day before 4.02 was released and put it off till the next day. Just my luck that 4.02 was released the next day and the window closed on me.

Am I SOL or is there an answer for me?

Thank you guys. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

packman911 (2010-08-26)

The only thing I'd add is that you should sinc you iphone first. My iphone needed itunes back kup to restore my data, which was quite old. If you have skype running on your computer, it uses port 80 and TU doesn't like that. Great job! Thanks for the guide.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to packman911 For This Useful Post:

Simon (2010-08-25)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

If there are no shsh files for any of the 4.0.x firmwares how would one go about upgrading on a 3GS jailbroken with Spirit with the new iboot?

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    If there are no shsh files for any of the 4.0.x firmwares how would one go about upgrading on a 3GS jailbroken with Spirit with the new iboot?
    you wouldnt be able to, but the OP says he does have SHSH for 4.0 and 4.0.1

Quote Originally Posted by packman911 View Post
    The only thing I'd add is that you should sinc you iphone first. My iphone needed itunes back kup to restore my data, which was quite old. If you have skype running on your computer, it uses port 80 and TU doesn't like that. Great job! Thanks for the guide.
    Thanks for the suggestions, added them to my guide giving you credit. I wasn't aware of the skype issue, does just closing it out help or does it need to be uninstalled?
    Last edited by Simon; 2010-08-25 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just closing it will free up port 80

Thank you guys. I will give this a shot. You have no idea how much I appreciate this.