Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs 3.1.3 Spirit JB to OS 4

Default 3gs 3.1.3 Spirit JB to OS 4
    I have 3gs on 3.1.3 with new boot rom. Can I use jailbreakme to get to 4.0 or 4.0.1? I have the following saved on cidia 3.1.3, 4.0 and 4.0.1. Do I have to restore to non JB state first?

Thanks - Rick

im on the same boat.... does anyone know how to update from 3.1.3 to 4.0 or 4.0.1....

I just did it last night. I am not sure what bootrom I have and I should consider myself lucky for jumping in and going for it. I have 3Gs and it was running 3.1.3 last night, jailbroken with Spirit.

Download the ipsw file from iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

I got error 13 from iTunes during the update so I installed the latest version of iTunes. My iPhone was in recovery mode so I HAD to restore it, instead of upgrade. Make sure you upgrade iTunes to the latest version, and backup your iPhone contacts/messages etc.

Before you begin, open the hosts file using notepad located in Cwindows\system32\drivers\etc and add the line
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    To the bottom of the file. You will need to run notepad as administrator if on Vista. Now save and exit. This line makes iTunes talk to Cydias servers when it thinks it is talking to Apples, letting you upgrade and downgrade freely, as long as Cydia says it has SHSHs on file for the certain iOS.

Next, after the ipsw file finishes downloading, plug your phone in, open iTunes, and [shift-click] on the upgrade button. This opens and explorer window- locate and select the ipsw file you just downloaded. This should start the upgrade. If you get an error, try restoring to that ipsw you just downloaded. If all goes well, you will have the new OS in about 20 mins. If you have questions you can email me directly at [email protected].

If you have your SSHs on file at cydia, the easiest method is following the guide at http://modmyi.com/forums/general/725...e-restore.html . Make sure you sinc and all the data you want, because once you restore, Itunes will install your last backup you have saved.

Hi guys I'm new to all this stuff I jailed my phone then it crashed so restored and now looking to jailbrake again bt says I need to down grade, could someone tell me in simply terms how to do this mind I'm a beginner

Mike.max55

We need more information. There are so many different scenarios and possible solutions for each. We need (to start):
    Device
    Firmware
    Itunes version
    What says you need to downgrade?
    If you are running firmware 4.0.2 there is nothing you can do; hang tight. The iphone Dev Team is not going to respond to Apple's new release - 4.0.2.